Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Remember "Home Automation Systems Inc"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Remember "Home Automation Systems Inc"?

here's a blast from the past. Found this in my basement a few weeks ago (from 1998):
    Attached Files
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Originally posted by Pete
    I do not remember.

The link is gone Mark.
    Pete - I replaced the link with an image here.

I'll give you a hint... this company is still around by goes by a different name now. HomeSeer went by the name "Keware" back in 1998 and was not in this catalog. However, the catalog did include HomeVision, HomAtion, Cyberhouse, HomeVoice, Plato & HAL software programs. Z-Wave products were not available until about 5 years later!

Comment

Wasn't one of them just called Smarthome and the other X10.com?
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        Wasn't one of them just called Smarthome and the other X10.com?
        The other one? not sure what you mean but yes... this is an early SmartHome print catalog. The phone number inside is still the same main number. It's amazing how this industry is changed since this was mailed out. 70% of the catalog is X10 stuff!

Comment

Yeah that is all that there was. Here used X10 until the 2000's.

Set up in the home in the early 80's was very basic. Maybe there was some 5-6 X10 switches on the wall at the time.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
          X