Tapatalk? What do people think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tapatalk? What do people think?

I use it daily on android. I follow several forums, not just HST.
    I mainly look at unread posts and timeline.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I think it is the natural state of trying to use a tiny mobile screen to do a desktop's or tablet's job. Trust me, as you age, your patience (and eyesight) wanes and makes trying to mentally assemble all of the vignettes even more aggravating.

Other than having it report new posts on the desktop, I gave up on Tapatalk some years ago and haven't looked back.

I'd like to see what technology evolves as Millennials age and are stretched between font size and screen real estate......
      HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
      Home Assistant 2024.3
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
      Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
      Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
      WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
      AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Personally still have it enabled on my smart phones and tablets. Works ok on the tablet and I do not enjoy using it on my phones (Wintel for me).

Lately if I have to go anywhere and sit for a while just bring my tablet running Android and use Firefox.

Note here keep the Android tablet off unless I am using it which is not the Android preferred way of utilization.

Personally there is too much phone stuff in the Android OS (even after rooting it and trying to cleanse it).

Only thing that is annoying with the tablet is I cannot filter out advertisements very well.

I have entertained changing the tablet OS over to using Linux Touch and totally control what I see.

Thinking of purchasing a Wintel 10 larger tablet and splitting OS boot to Ubuntu Touch and using that instead (Intel CPU versus ARM CPU).

I have already done this with a Baytrail mini box PC (which dual booted Android and Windows to triple booting it to Ubuntu, Android and Windows).
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I use it for a few forums but as others have stated it's one of the most
          un-intuitive apps I've ever used. I'm amazed that someone hasn't picked up on this and developed a better app.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

For tablet browsing, you're much better off using the mobile version of this board.
            Scroll all the way down to the very bottom of this page, and change the dropdown to either Lightweight or vbMobile. It's very fast since it doesnt download all the fluff.

Tapatalk works best on mobile.
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks Rob. Testing right now using LTE. Have ad blocker enabled. Still seeing ads.

Tried a new ad blocker. Crashed first now working. No ads. Good stuff.

Speed testing. Not seeing LTE speeds.

Last edited by Pete; October 2, 2017, 12:08 PM.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Simon, appears that you're not alone. I am with you, it certainly is confusing.

I just use the web.
                HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Working...
                X