Hydrawise by Hunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hydrawise by Hunter

Hunter offers an awesome Irrigation WiFi controller. I have use this and am impressed with what it offers.

The only short coming is we need a Plug-in for Home seer

Devoir

I vote for a plug in

+1

Comment

+2

+2 votes

Devoir

Comment

I recently moved to a new house in Tennessee and upgraded the pre-existing traditional Hunter Irrigation controller with Hydrawise so I could control via computer, Alexa or smartphone, including the ability to adjust watering schedules via local sensor and internet data and have remote access. My original plan was to then interface Hydrawise with Homeseer (All lighting and climate in the house is controlled via Homeseer).

As I got into using the Hydrawise web interface which is excellent, I realized there was nothing I would want to do with Homeseer... that I could not already do with the Hydrawise interface. Still...desiring to be able to control with BOTH Hydrawise and Homeseer, I searched the Message Board and note that there is no Homeseer plugin interface for Hydrawise. It would be very interesting to see one developed and to see if Homeseer could take Hydrawise to an even higher level..... but its darn good as-is!
        Last edited by stevenslosangeles; June 16, 2018, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stevenslosangeles View Post
          I recently moved to a new house in Tennessee and upgraded the pre-existing traditional Hunter Irrigation controller with Hydrawise so I could control via computer, Alexa or smartphone, including the ability to adjust watering schedules via local sensor and internet data and have remote access. My original plan was to then interface Hydrawise with Homeseer (All lighting and climate in the house is controlled via Homeseer).

As I got into using the Hydrawise web interface which is excellent, I realized there was nothing I would want to do with Homeseer... that I could not already do with the Hydrawise interface. Still...desiring to be able to control with BOTH Hydrawise and Homeseer, I searched the Message Board and note that there is no Homeseer plugin interface for Hydrawise. It would be very interesting to see one developed and to see if Homeseer could take Hydrawise to an even higher level..... but its darn good as-is!
          Well now that I have been using Hydrawise for a while.... one definite addition that could be made by a Homeseer plugin would be a more flexible set of options to control if then else possibilities for "Watering Triggers". Hydrawise has a good base set in their program.... but having more flexible possibilities to control water / don't water / change watering times based on external events would really be a value add!

Comment

Messaging

I agree with Steve. Hydrawise is great off the shelf ...

I would like to see the ability to send messages based on it's operation. I.E. if it was supposed to tinkle 800 gallons of water and Zero was dispensed then there's a problem other than finding brown grass ... or the wife complaining about whey is the grounds dying

Comment

My quick glance at their API is that they support the RESTful protocol. Since user additions will be specific to their desires it seems using the available RESTful app to interface with Hydrawise would be the way to go. If something like mcsSprinklers provided the interface then the user would be operating in the mcsSprinklers context and there would too much overlap to justify the cost of Hydrawise vs other irrigation alternatives.

There may be users that would like to expose the Hydrawise API as UltaJones did with Rachio, but it would not be adding capabilities such as those suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                My quick glance at their API is that they support the RESTful protocol. Since user additions will be specific to their desires it seems using the available RESTful app to interface with Hydrawise would be the way to go. If something like mcsSprinklers provided the interface then the user would be operating in the mcsSprinklers context and there would too much overlap to justify the cost of Hydrawise vs other irrigation alternatives.

There may be users that would like to expose the Hydrawise API as UltaJones did with Rachio, but it would not be adding capabilities such as those suggested.
                Michael.... I use your mcsSprinklers plugin at our home in CA for over 10 yrs.... its an excellent program and interface !!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post

Even though Hydrawise out-of-the-box has a very good cloud integrated interface, this ties the user to rely on the cloud, whereby in context mcsSprinkler would provide a option to break that should the owner desire to do so.

I have seen the cost of Hydrawise drop since it was sold by the original Australia owner/manufactures to Hunter and I do not see there is anything special in comparison to other cloud based sprinkler control systems.

I switched from EtherRain to Hydrawise and for most part in my configuration they are programmed to set and forget. However, I really do like the mcsSprinkler interface.

Comment

+1 vote for a plug-in

Comment

a Hydrawise plug-in would make a great christmas present...

Comment

I tried to take a look again at the API and seems it is no longer easily available. I did notice Control4 and HomeAssistant have it integrated. Github has a python script.

Comment

Michael I am not sure if your received the message that I sent yesterday but the API can be found at the link below https://p5.zdusercontent.com/attachm...5q3dmrKCEfEgbe...

Comment

Thank you for the link. The API provides means to interact with the unit and get status of the unit after the unit has been programmed. I did not see
                            a means to program or change the program. This means there is no mechanism for a mcsSprinklers schedule to be implemented with it. It is just not a good fit for mcsSprinklers.

Comment

Would be awesome to get this as a Plugin vote +1

Comment

Working...
                              X