Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by russr999 View Post
    Hi All,

An uppdate - I've been working with Hunter (Hydrawise) on the v2 API and I've ran into a few issues where it doesnt seem to give me back the data (with current permissions model) I need such as a list of controllers etc.
    I am still chasing Hunter on this but this is taking some time. I am going to go ahead and complete the HS4 and HS3 plugin using the v1 API and will revert to the v2 once the issues are sorted. Hope to have a beta available in the next week/two.
    Just curious how this is going. Thanks

Comment

Hi All,

Sorry about being quiet! A few other projects I had needed to be finished. Setting up a self-hosted school internet radio with georestriction isn't as easy as I expected! 😂

Anyway - An Update - HS4 plugin built - doing final testing on windows now (still need to test with linux but should work).
      I am transferring (rewriting) my code back into HS3 format (substantially done - working on interaction pages at the moment)
      I thought I'd share the HS4 plugin version screens with you so you can see the plugin.

rnbHydra_HS4_Screens.pdf

Also, I'm using both the v1 and v2 API's.
      I use the v1 to get all the controllers on youur account and the v2 to read and control them.
      The v2 API is better as it's under active development and also has much more generous allowance of number of API calls per minute!
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by russr999 View Post
        Hi All,

Sorry about being quiet! A few other projects I had needed to be finished. Setting up a self-hosted school internet radio with georestriction isn't as easy as I expected! 😂

Anyway - An Update - HS4 plugin built - doing final testing on windows now (still need to test with linux but should work).
        I am transferring (rewriting) my code back into HS3 format (substantially done - working on interaction pages at the moment)
        I thought I'd share the HS4 plugin version screens with you so you can see the plugin.

Also, I'm using both the v1 and v2 API's.
        I use the v1 to get all the controllers on youur account and the v2 to read and control them.
        The v2 API is better as it's under active development and also has much more generous allowance of number of API calls per minute!
        Sound like you're having fun over in the West. Looks like you are making good progress and if you need some testing happy to help

Comment

I dont see this plugin available anywhere.

Comment

Hi rdc ,

I am finishing the plugin (HS3) version and hope to release both versions end of next week. HS4 is built just not released as I want to release both versions together.

I will post back here when both have been submitted to Homeseer.

Comment

This is great news..... I'm close to getting my server back up and running after moving to a new house... purchased three new controllers.

Devoir

Comment

Not seeing anything new for Hydrawise. Is this plugin still in the works ?

Comment

Originally posted by rdc View Post
                  Not seeing anything new for Hydrawise. Is this plugin still in the works ?
                  Hi rdc ,

Yes - HS3 & HS4 plugins are built.
                  I started the final testing on linux last night (windows test already completed).
                  One small bug on linux which I'm fixing as writing this. Will then finalize testing and submit prob tomorrow to Homeseer for publishing to the updaters.

Comment

Hi All,

I have now submitted both HS3 & HS4 plugins to the Homeseer updater for publishing. Plugins work on both Windows and Linux, with native plugins for each HomeSeer version.
                    If you are running HS3 only buy the HS3 version. Once they are both published by HomeSeer, I will make the HS4 version a free upgrade if you already have the HS3 version.
                    This way, you get both versions for one price. I don't believe you should have to pay for both versions although it is double the work to build/maintain! 😀
                    (HS4 version will always be free if you already have the HS3 version)

Suggest you try it for a couple of weeks before buying and let me know of any issues you encounter.
                    Although I have been busy testing and think I now have all the bugs out, there will always be something (life's lesson).

This plugin uses the v2 (Commercial) API as its provides a secure GDPR & CCPA compliant API as well as allowing more calls per 5mins.
                    I will be submitting the final version to Hunter at the end of this week, so it should also appear on their website in the coming weeks. (Note: Plugin is not developed or supported by Hunter Hydrawise but they have been great in working through the requirements to get access to thge commercial API and some initial questions along the way).

I have kept both plugins (HS3 & HS4) as similar as possible so if you start on HS3, moving to HS4 doesnt feel any different (you just enjoy the newer/fresher interface). Both versions do the same!

Once everybody is happy with this plugin, feel free to send me any other idea's for plugins you may want.

Hydrawise for Homeseer: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...iNK6UZK-PKyjFD
                    HS3 User Manual: https://projectservices.ie/hydrawise...uide%20HS3.pdf
                    HS4 User Manual: https://projectservices.ie/hydrawise...uide%20HS4.pdf

Comment

Thanks for the plugin. I only wish that on the device list page in Hs4 all the zones were grouped together, one right after another. You get a few zones then other devices like garage doors and lights then some more zones and I never
                      have understood why all the devices created by one plugin dont get grouped together. Sure I can click on the room or category and get them together.

Comment

Originally posted by rdc View Post
                        Thanks for the plugin. I only wish that on the device list page in Hs4 all the zones were grouped together, one right after another. You get a few zones then other devices like garage doors and lights then some more zones and I never
                        have understood why all the devices created by one plugin dont get grouped together. Sure I can click on the room or category and get them together.
                        Hi rdc ,

Thats a fair point. One way to do it (which I have done on HS3 for some of my items I want group together) is to name all the zones with the same starting name - this will group them together.
                        eg: znFront Garden; znBack Garden etc...
                        Does that make sense?

Comment

Yes that worked for the zones but I would have to rename the controller devices the same in order to get the controller grouped to the zones. I am sure there is a reason
                          why it cant be done but I would be happy if everything from a plugin was in one large group with one large outline around everything created by the plugin. But that's just me.
                          I appreciate your hard work and as soon as Homeseer fixes the web page where you can actually buy the plugin I will proceed.

Comment

You should be good for 30 days so no rush to buy. I nudged Homeseer today as I had submitted it nearly a week ago so I think the're just under pressure at the moment. I'm also waiting for them to create the sub group in the forum so we can groupp all the discussions there.

Make sure you buy the HS3 version as I'm setting up the HS4 version as a free upgrade if youu already have the HS3 version (unless of course you only have HS4 😀 ).
                            If you have any other thoughts on how I can make the plugin more helpful, please let me know.
                            I'm already thinking about the names when the devices are first created based on your comment - maybe I preface all the zones with the controller name when they are first created so by default they all appear in order - Of course, a user can always rename them to whatever they want. I only set the names when the devices are first created.

Comment

Hi All,

The new forums for the Hydrawise for Homeseer plugins are at:

HS4 Forum: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...hydra-russr999
                              Hs3 Forum: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/irrigation-plug-ins/irrigation-discussion/rnbhydra-russr999-aa

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X