Alexa and thermostats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa and thermostats

So I have a zwave CT100 thermostat and have noticed I can't ask Alexa questions like what is the first floor temperature or what is the first floor thermostat temperature set to. Also can't say Alexa are the second floor lights on?

Is there a work around for this? Siri can do this.

Originally posted by csullivan2005 View Post
    So I have a zwave CT100 thermostat and have noticed I can't ask Alexa questions like what is the first floor temperature or what is the first floor thermostat temperature set to. Also can't say Alexa are the second floor lights on?

Is there a work around for this? Siri can do this.
    We've been asking for this, but nothing has come about
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

You can use the Alexa helper to do that. I have programmed it to report temperatures, but I think you can program it to report any device setting. I also use it to tell me if any windows are open. Takes a bit of reading, and you would have to ask 'Alexa, ask homeseer (I have replaced homeseer with James) for upstairs temperatures'. She then reads my temperature sensor readings to me. Have a look on the forum for the Alexa helper section. Its very good, and once you read the instructions its not that difficult and help is on hand if you are struggling

A bit hard to find but this is where it is:

3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > Jon00's plugins and scripts
      Reload this Page Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper for Homeseer 3

Comment

Working...
      X