HS PC Broke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS PC Broke

So..I've been running HS2 Pro for the longest and like they say..If it ain't broke dont fix it....I bought the upgrade for HS3 Pro but never installed it. Today came home to a dark house..Looked at my pc no hard drive found. I'm going to install my HS2 Pro then from there upgrade it to HS3 Pro..Anyone have good tips and some "gotchas" I got to watch out for?

TIA
    Last edited by dumpmyster; October 25, 2017, 05:35 PM.

Here I only experimented with HS2 and got on board with HS3 when it seemed to be stable so I have no personal experience in moving from one to the other. That said, it's probably a good idea to just bite the bullet and install HS3 skipping HS2. They are very different so there really isn't a smooth upgrade path. Maybe install HS2 just so you can use it as a reference for recreating your events. Also you should really check out Randy's posts in the event forum. There is a bit of a learning curve.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I agree with Colin. There is no upgrade path.

Install Homeseer 3 new and utilize a new SSD instead of an IDE or SATA drive.
      Last edited by Pete; October 26, 2017, 02:40 AM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I only bought the HS3 Pro Upgrade software license not the full version. Could use my license and install the full version of HS3 Pro?

Comment

Originally posted by dumpmyster View Post
          I only bought the HS3 Pro Upgrade software license not the full version. Could use my license and install the full version of HS3 Pro?
          Yes, the licence allows you to install HS3 without installing it over HS2. It will install as a 30 day trial. The licence code will register it and take it out of trial mode.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Awesome... My upgrade license worked. So..next..I still use the Ztroller - which I haven't upgrade the firmware on it or anything..Will it work on HS3?

Comment

Originally posted by dumpmyster View Post
              Awesome... My upgrade license worked. So..next..I still use the Ztroller - which I haven't upgrade the firmware on it or anything..Will it work on HS3?
              The Z-Troller will work fine. You can even import the the Z-Wave network from it into HS3. The naming you had in HS2 will not be retained, the Z-Wave devices will be imported generically as node 1, node 2, etc. Battery operated devices will have to be awakened and rescanned after the import, but the mains powered devices should be scanned as they are imported.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
              X