August smart Lock Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trevoC View Post
    Any update on this? I notice that in my wink hub I can add the August Pro as a generic z-wave device and it locks/unlocks and provides the status (this is without the plugin). I assumed that I could also add this to homeseer as a generic plugin.
    Yes, been working great for me. I have two. Best zwave lock now in my opinion.

Comment

I am looking at the Gen3 lock for my house and wanted to know if the door open/close status was resolved and how well did the BT feature work when auto unlocking the door

Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/August-Smart-...dp_ob_title_hi

Comment

Originally posted by ocyberbum View Post
        I am looking at the Gen3 lock for my house and wanted to know if the door open/close status was resolved and how well did the BT feature work when auto unlocking the door

Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/August-Smart-...dp_ob_title_hi
        Has anyone ever gotten an answer to this? I recently got a Gen 3 on an Amazon Treasure Truck special, don't want to open the box if I'm not sure I can properly integrate it with my new HS system. If not, I'll sell it and look at other options.

Comment

I haven’t tried to connect with HS, but I have four August locks in three properties, including three Gen 3s, and am not sure I’d buy another. The Auto Unlock is better than it was a year ago but still inconsistent, and the Connect is just plain unreliable. We’ve resorted to having a lockbox with key as a backup in two properties, simply because of people being locked out. Doesn’t happen often, but drive out to let someone in a couple of times and you start to hate the things. We went with August because it gave us an ability to use a better deadbolt than other options while also working with a particular door we had in a building, but I’ve found them flakier than should be the case for a lock. And their support, while improved from before, will still walk you through their “idiot script” until you get to level 2. Personally, I’m thinking about other options for future properties. Just my two cents...
          Madcodger

This would be a lot easier if I knew what I was doing...

Comment

I have two August locks working on HS3 via Z-wave. I have lots of events tied to the locks, both status and control. Everything works perfectly with HomeSeer except the battery level. It shows 100% until the battery is VERY low, then it drops suddenly to about 60%, then hops around wildly between 45% and 100% and then it dies. While HS is showing 60%, the lock app is telling you its at "20% replace the batteries now".

So, functionally it works great with HS but I really wish they would fix the battery level.

Comment

Further to the incorrect battery level issue. I just realized today that the HS Battery Device is probably reporting the correct battery level, but then also ocassionally jumps to 100% when its not supposed to. If you look at the battery level in the log over a long period, the level continuously drops over time, but keeps getting changed back to 100%. So, I added a "Corrected Battery Level" device that tracks the battery level whenever it changes to anything except 100%. Will see if that gives me a functional battery level.

Comment

Working...
              X