Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current state of embedding RTSP stream to HS3Touch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current state of embedding RTSP stream to HS3Touch?

Still trying to come up with a decent camera solution. I'm tired of using Foscam cameras and picture snap streaming. I've been testing a Ubiquiti Unifi camera that I really like, but it appears RTSP is my only option to stream it to third party software.

Anyone currently doing this reasonably? Goal is to be able to embed RTSP streams into various HS3Touch clients....

Originally posted by paul View Post
    Still trying to come up with a decent camera solution. I'm tired of using Foscam cameras and picture snap streaming. I've been testing a Ubiquiti Unifi camera that I really like, but it appears RTSP is my only option to stream it to third party software.

Anyone currently doing this reasonably? Goal is to be able to embed RTSP streams into various HS3Touch clients....

Check out Blue Iris software and the BlueIris plugin for HS3. You can connect several different brand cams to Blue Iris and then stream it to HS3. Works very well. Search the forums for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
      Check out Blue Iris software and the BlueIris plugin for HS3. You can connect several different brand cams to Blue Iris and then stream it to HS3. Works very well.
      From what I could tell, the plugin supported control rather than streaming. Did I misread?

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
        From what I could tell, the plugin supported control rather than streaming. Did I misread?

You are correct, the Blue Iris plugin will only control Blue Iris and the cameras within it. Great if you would like to automate them with HS3. If you want for example, to pan a camera towards a gate/door when it opens or when motion is detected.

Blue Iris software has a server that comes with it that you can link to in HSTouch. You have several choices at that point, you can choose to view a Blue Iris layout where you can see and control each camera, view recordings/pictures etc., or give each camera its own window so you can view one or multiple cameras on a screen. Its much easier and you can adjust the streaming quality within Blue Iris so that you get the best picture with little lag (depending on your network setup).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
        Plugin's:
        BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
        EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
        weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

You are right. Embedding the video itself still relies on the traditional HStouch way of grabbing the snapshots. I spend a lot of time getting this to work and found an acceptable solution by tweaking the refresh rate of every element manually (instead of using the default "0" that completely locks up my touch screen clients) and using the quality and size controls from the Blueiris streams. The nice thing about BI is that it is a Middleware layer that in HStouch works the same for every make and model camera. There is no need to individually tweek every camera stream on the camera itself.

I have seen others implement a solution based on html pages but never got that to work in an acceptable way.

So +1 for a better way of integrating video streams!

Comment

BUMP. Has this ever been addressed / solved? I am new to Homeseer, I have Blue Iris 5 and want to do exactly as everyone here is talking about. I want to have different camera streams in HSTouch.

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but I came across this forum post I had saved from 2016, and it works today in HS3Touch for RTSP cameras. The real issue is that none of this is documented and is using the settings in a way that directly conflicts with the language.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	1393025

Comment

I've been looking for that thread for awhile - I had seen it once, and then couldn't find it again when I wanted to. Do you have a link to the original thread?

Comment

Unfortunately the original link is dead. That's the problem with relying on a forum for critical documentation but not ensuring the integrity of the forum. This was saved into OneNote, which saves the link as well. I have many, many of these that no longer work and the image is the only data.

I can say that yesterday I followed the instruction Rich provided in a test project and it worked perfectly.

Comment

Then I'm grateful that you screenshotted that thing. . Thankyou!

Comment

Yeah, it's unfortunate that HST hasn't even updated documentation or the description in the HS3 web page to indicate the true usage of these settings.

Comment

Can anyone explain this picture?
                        What does "In HSTouch settings, create a new camera" all the way to the end mean??
                        I never saw a 'settings' in HSTouch, or a place to enter a manual camera

Comment

Everything up to "in the designer.." is done in the HS3 web UI. It's a little confusing because this was written when HSTouch server was a separate plugin. Now it's built into HS3. I believe those URL settings are now in Setup under a Cameras tab.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
                            Everything up to "in the designer.." is done in the HS3 web UI. It's a little confusing because this was written when HSTouch server was a separate plugin. Now it's built into HS3. I believe those URL settings are now in Setup under a Cameras tab.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Gotcha, Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X