Looking for general ideas/suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for general ideas/suggestion

If you are planning for an alarm, single run for each door, window, sensor back to control area. I dont have any info on the heaters, but a control run to the electric panel would be the place to control the heaters at a future time. Or a thermostat controlled by Hs3 could accomplish the same results.
    I have a roadmap of multiple wires that we fed through my garage up into the attic and right now they are on vacation but one of these days I will put them to work. I wish I had put in more cat5 at the time and at least a switch makes the network more accessible.
    Cameras coax/cat5 ?
    Sharpie, label each run at both ends and leave an extra foot or so.

Stuart

Comment

Relating to heating a basement here did a quickie search and found:

Top 5 Options for Heating Your Basement (so your lady will snuggle with you)

Basement Heating Solutions That Kill the Chill

Radiant Ceiling Panels

Personally first home and new finished basement with a large playroom, laundry room and bathroom I used main floor HVAC ducting.

Friend who finished his basement which had all of the above plus two bedrooms put in a pellet stove.

Another friend put a hydronic system in his basement during construction.

For Homeseer control you can install a thermostat in each room and have it control the in wall heating units using contactors (low voltage control of a high voltage device).
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

A group of HVAC folks recommended I use a Z-wave Thermostat rather than try to directly control the heaters/sense the temp. The rationale is that it gets the same thing accomplished, but leaves in place local control, failsafe modes, etc. also, in case something goes wrong, Insurance still has you covered. Simple ones are cheap enough at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by askme View Post
          A group of HVAC folks recommended I use a Z-wave Thermostat rather than try to directly control the heaters/sense the temp. The rationale is that it gets the same thing accomplished, but leaves in place local control, failsafe modes, etc. also, in case something goes wrong, Insurance still has you covered. Simple ones are cheap enough at this point.

Comment

I'd be more worried about moisture that anything else. I'd make sure the walls are insulated with spray foam and that there is tons of ventilation. A air exchanger would be my first purchase. Then I would put in a bunch of water sensors with an emergency Zwave valve.

Buy a large and silent dehumidifer....
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
            Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
            weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
              I'd be more worried about moisture that anything else. I'd make sure the walls are insulated with spray foam and that there is tons of ventilation. A air exchanger would be my first purchase. Then I would put in a bunch of water sensors with an emergency Zwave valve.

Buy a large and silent dehumidifer....
              We have All the moisture concerns taken care of. And we have plans for z-wave water sensors and a emergency shut off valve. Good points!

Comment

Working...
              X