Homeseer and HomeKit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post
    I've got a few lights that are on dimmers but I don't want them to ever be anything but OFF or ON, i.e. never any dim percentage. I want to exclude these lights from dimming whenever I tell Siri to "Dim the lights in the <room name>." This worked fine with the 2018 plugin with the "can_dim": false setting. But now with the homeseer4 plugin these lights are also dimmed, which is undesirable in this case.

Is there any way to do the equivalent of "can_dim": false with the new homebridge-homeseer4 plugin?
    Just configure them as switches. You can change the icon to be a bulb in HomeKit.

Comment

Originally posted by sbessel View Post

Just configure them as switches. You can change the icon to be a bulb in HomeKit.
      Good idea, but I don't think this will work because I don't think Siri will include these lights when I say "Turn on/off the lights in <room name>". Can anyone confirm? Maybe I will try this out for myself tonight...

Comment

Good idea, but I don't think this will work because I don't think Siri will include these lights when I say "Turn on/off the lights in <room name>". Can anyone confirm? Maybe I will try this out for myself tonight...
        I have never tried the generic style requests. I always have a set name for each as I have different lights in a room. Plus Siri can be a real dumb bitch sometimes, I could use the exact same phrase for 6+ months "Lock my house" and every once in a while she has no idea what I am talking about and I have to dance around the semantics till she gets it right.

On a side note I have a HomeSeer Lifx light and a HomeSeer Wifi switch connected with HomeBridge in my office. I gave command "Turn on my office lights" and both came on, so it should work just fine.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by sbessel View Post

Turns out I was wrong and this does actually accomplish what I am after. The key part is changing the "Display As" setting in HomeKit to "Light". Leaving it as "Switch", it was not included when I said "Turn on the lights in the Kitchen". But after changing it to "Light", then it was included and worked as expected. Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

I've got a few lights that are on dimmers but I don't want them to ever be anything but OFF or ON, i.e. never any dim percentage. I want to exclude these lights from dimming whenever I tell Siri to "Dim the lights in the <room name>." This worked fine with the 2018 plugin with the "can_dim": false setting. But now with the homeseer4 plugin these lights are also dimmed, which is undesirable in this case.

Is there any way to do the equivalent of "can_dim": false with the new homebridge-homeseer4 plugin?

You can also force them to be binary lights by defining them as such in the "accessories" section. The following entry would be for a Z-Wave dimmer. The "99" represents the maximum z-Wave dimming level. You could pick any value from 1-99 such that, when you turned the switch "on' it would set the dimmer to that level. Also, you would replace the 123 in "ref":123 with the appropriate reference # for your HomeSeer device. This wasn't documented in the wiki as the "BinaryLight" type was meant for internal use in the code -- but perhaps I'll add a mention to the wiki for others who want to use it this way.

{"type":"BinaryLight", "ref": 123, "onValue":99}

Comment

Originally posted by jvm View Post

You can also force them to be binary lights by defining them as such in the "accessories" section. The following entry would be for a Z-Wave dimmer. The "99" represents the maximum z-Wave dimming level. You could pick any value from 1-99 such that, when you turned the switch "on' it would set the dimmer to that level. Also, you would replace the 123 in "ref":123 with the appropriate reference # for your HomeSeer device. This wasn't documented in the wiki as the "BinaryLight" type was meant for internal use in the code -- but perhaps I'll add a mention to the wiki for others who want to use it this way.

{"type":"BinaryLight", "ref": 123, "onValue":99}
              Just tried this out and it works as expected. I'm going to go with this method since it doesn't require changing the "Display As" setting in HomeKit. In fact, there is no such option on the accessory when set as BinaryLight in the homebridge-homeseer4 plugin.

Thanks, all

Comment

Just tried this out and it works as expected. I'm going to go with this method since it doesn't require changing the "Display As" setting in HomeKit. In fact, there is no such option on the accessory when set as BinaryLight in the homebridge-homeseer4 plugin.

Thanks, all
                Glad to help. Also, as a FYI for those reading this, I'm usually pretty quick to fix problems in my plugin if you post the issue as a github issue here: https://github.com/jvmahon/Homebridge-HomeSeer4/issues. I sometimes check these HomeSeer forums to see if people are having problems (particularly with the updated homebridge-homeseer4 plugin so I can see if there are any unusual use cases I missed), but I may not see your issue if it is posted in these forums, so posting on github is the best way to get help.

Comment

Hi Guys, I have tried to troubleshoot my OMNI Thermostats in Homeseer-Homnebridge, I think I hit the extent of my skills. I am on Linux,

npm -g list --depth=0,

├── homebridge@0.4.50
                  ├── homebridge-config-ui-x@4.10.0
                  ├── homebridge-homeseer4@0.0.43
                  └── npm@6.13.4

node -v,
                  v12.15.0

config.json, I have tried ref the Root device and the

"accessories": [
                  {
                  "type": "Lock",
                  "ref": 76
                  },
                  {
                  "type": "Thermostat",
                  "name": "Main Floor Root Device",
                  "ref": 55,
                  "heatingSetpointRef": 19,
                  "coolingSetpointRef": 25,
                  "controlRef": 58,
                  "stateRef": 62
                  }

crash report information,

�[37m[2/12/2020, 8:32:13 PM]�[39m �[36m[HomeSeer]�[39m Initializing platform accessory 'Main Floor Root Device'...
                  �[37m[2/12/2020, 8:32:13 PM]�[39m �[36m[HomeSeer]�[39m Setting up a Thermostat with configuration values: {"type":"Thermostat","name":"Main Floor Root Device","ref":55,"heatingSetpointRef":19,"coolingSetpointRef ":25,"controlRef":58,"stateRef":62,"interface_name":"Unknown ","uuid_base":"Ref55","model":"OMNI Thermostats"}
                  (node:10534) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: RangeError: Error setting up Thermostat. Scale is not Celsius or Fahrenheit
                  at Object.exports.setupThermostat (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-homeseer4/lib/ThermostatSetup.js:230:12)
                  at Object.exports.setupServices (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-homeseer4/lib/HomeKitDeviceSetup.js:150:16)
                  at HomeSeerAccessory.getServices (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-homeseer4/index.js:223:11)
                  at Server._createAccessory (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/server.js:427:36)
                  at Server. (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/server.js:413:32)
                  at /usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/node_modules/hap-nodejs/lib/util/once.js:16:19
                  at HomeSeerPlatform.accessories (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-homeseer4/index.js:187:5)
                  at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:94:5)
                  (node:10534) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 1)
                  (node:10534) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

** The lights, locks and other functionality I have working fine, I think its something probably simple. I tried simplistic to the Ref of the Root device but got the following error.

�[37m[2/12/2020, 8:38:24 PM]�[39m �[36m[HomeSeer]�[39m Initializing platform accessory 'Main Floor Main Floor Root Device'...
                  �[37m[2/12/2020, 8:38:24 PM]�[39m �[36m[HomeSeer]�[39m Warning - Found a Temperature device of Type 2, Subtype:0 but device is not using the 'Nest' thermostat plugin. Setting of 'ref' value may be incorrect. You may need to use the 'complex' configuration procedure. Please report this as an issue on github so a correction can be made. Also see wiki entry on Thermostats for additional information. Interface name is: undefined
                  �[37m[2/12/2020, 8:38:24 PM]�[39m �[36m[HomeSeer]�[39m Setting up a Thermostat with configuration values: {"ref":55,"heatingSetpointRef":56,"coolingSetpointRef":57,"c ontrolRef":58,"stateRef":62}
                  (node:12219) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: RangeError: Error setting up Thermostat. Scale is not Celsius or Fahrenheit
                  at Object.exports.setupThermostat (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-homeseer4/lib/ThermostatSetup.js:230:12)
                  at Object.exports.setupServices (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-homeseer4/lib/HomeKitDeviceSetup.js:156:16)
                  at HomeSeerAccessory.getServices (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-homeseer4/index.js:223:11)
                  at Server._createAccessory (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/server.js:427:36)
                  at Server. (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/server.js:413:32)
                  at /usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/node_modules/hap-nodejs/lib/util/once.js:16:19
                  at HomeSeerPlatform.accessories (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-homeseer4/index.js:187:5)
                  at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:94:5)
                  (node:12219) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 1)
                  (node:12219) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

I really appreciate any help!

Comment

Working...
                  X