Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pete
    replied
    Not sure if you are using Windows or Linux. Try a system reset or remove HS4 and reinstall it.

Here in Linux I create sudo users that match the two homeseer users (homeseer and pete).

Leave a comment:

• Pierre
    replied
    Thank you Pete for the help, but after _many_ tries I found the password for the admin user.
    These credentials MUST be preciously saved ...

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Here have kept HS3 running on a separate box with HS4 running on a new box. Are you running HS4 in Windows or Linux? It should really be the same settings.

Try changing the settings ini file to this:

[Settings]
    gLastShutdownOK=False
    gFirstTimeRun=True

Leave a comment:

• Pierre
    replied
    I am caught in the same trap !
    I was in a good learning curve with HS4, but "changed something", probably the "ask password for same subnet" option.
    I am now locked out without any admin access, and probably having a wrong password.

In fact I am also completely lost and confused about accesses to HS3 and HS4, users and passwords for iftt and gogle home...

Deleting the /config/user.cfg and user.cfg.temp did not help, each time I start the GUI it asks for password.
    I need help, thanks

Leave a comment:

• srodgers
    replied
    I did the exact thing. Setting up wife with new accunt and password and clicked on one of the icons i think local use. Boom instant lock out and freak out. Ended up restoring my nightly backup. Crazy one wrong icon click can do this.

Lesson learned. Be careful with adding users in the HS4 gui.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Reggy
    replied
    Thank you for your follow-up!
    I have a PC with Homeseer on win10 and I have installed a keyboard and a monitor on my Hometroller Zee S2 since this morning, I do not seem to have any success. now I will follow the HS3 recovery procedure. I managed to return to HS4 and all my events returned as before. I am annoyed by the default user settings and also how to create a new user with administrator rights!

Leave a comment:

• jbfoster
    replied
    Originally posted by Reggy View Post
    is it valid for HS4
    i loosed admin rights

I wanted to add a new user for MyHS, but I probably pressed the wrong place in my main user, lost admin rights. and now I no longer have access to change it. Do I have to reinstall my complete system? A It was an update from HS3 to HS4
    Do you have a Widnows or Linux system?

I am running on Windows and did the same thing last year on HS3. I did what Rupp posted above and I was able to setup users again. I would think the same process for HS4. As far as Linux, I know nothing.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Reggy
    replied

is it valid for HS4
    i loosed admin rights

I wanted to add a new user for MyHS, but I probably pressed the wrong place in my main user, lost admin rights. and now I no longer have access to change it. Do I have to reinstall my complete system? A It was an update from HS3 to HS4

Leave a comment:

• bpruim
    replied
    Originally posted by Rupp View Post
    Try deleting your users.cfg file and restart HS3 and it will reset your user accounts. You will have to manually add your myHomeSeer user back to your HS3 user accounts.
    Thanks! I ended up getting in touch with support before I saw this. Here are the actual instructions they sent me and yes!...it worked!
    In order to delete the users.cfg file, you will need to complete the following steps:

1) Navigate to Tools > System > Linux Tools
    2) Login with the username homeseer, the password is the system password which you set when first configuring the device. The default is hsthsths3.
    3) Once you are logged in, enter the following command, without quotes "sudo rm /usr/local/HomeSeer/Config/users.cfg" Linux is case-sensitive, so it will need to be entered exactly as you see here. You should be able to copy and paste.
    3) Enter the command "sudo reboot" and your system will restart. You will then be able to connect again and recreate your users.

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Try deleting your users.cfg file and restart HS3 and it will reset your user accounts. You will have to manually add your myHomeSeer user back to your HS3 user accounts.

Leave a comment:

• bpruim
    started a topic Lost admin access...Help! - Solved!

Lost admin access...Help! - Solved!

I was trying to set my wife up on HSTouch and must have accidental messed up my admin settings. Is there a way to get them back. Also, at this moment...if I log into my HSTouch app on my phone, it says I am connected, but unauthorized? I am new to HomeSeer...
Working...
X