No announcement yet.

$25 Sonoff 4CH for irrigation control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For your use case you will not be predicting a future start time so AUTO is not the most appropriate mode.

From the manual ...
    The firmware will operate without consideration for the IrrigationNextMinutes messages when IrrigationMode is set to ON/1. In essence there is no master irrigation controller available. The relay valve ON and OFF intervals are determined by IrrigationOffMinutes and IrrigationOnMinutes messages.
    For example, if you set IrrigationOnMinutes to 60 then the relay will stay ON for a maximum of 60 continuous minutes. Typical scenario is something like IrrigationOnMinutes=60, IrrigationMode=1.

If you turn on the HS device it will turn the relay On. You can turn it off within 60 minutes from HS. At 60 minutes it will automatically turn Off and HS status will be updated. If you have a water level sensor that is used to trigger the HS Device either On or Off then the Sonoff 4CH Pro will provide the protection to assure the relay is not ON for more than the 60 minutes no matter what the water level may be. 60 is just an example. It can be any reasonable time used.

The opposite could be done as well with IrrigationOffMinutes. This will assure that the relay is turned On to guarantee that some water is added to the pool at some regular interval. HS can monitor and turn it off shortly thereafter if the level is already high enough.

Comment

The issue is that I need IrrigationOffMinutes to not be used/respected. I'll experiment and see what happens if I leave it undefined. Or perhaps I can just make it sufficiently large that it's effectively irrelevant.
      -Wade

Comment

I believe it defaults to 0 or it can be explicitly set to 0. This should disable this aspect of the monitoring.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
          I believe it defaults to 0 or it can be explicitly set to 0. This should disable this aspect of the monitoring.
          Thanks. In bench testing this morning the safety shut-off is working as expected.
          -Wade

Comment

Working...
          X