No announcement yet.

Sense Energy Monitor API available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oddjob what is the response time like? I have never really played with Node Red so would be interested in some pointers on how to set this up to play around?

Comment

In general, the response time is instantaneous with HomeSeer. Unfortunately, node-red-unofficial-sense hasn't been updated in three years because the author started using a custom SmartThings app for his use case. I played with it this morning and the authentication node for sense crashes the entire node-red server. I'm guessing the authentication piece has changed in three years. It may be a simple fix. I can fork the code and take a look, but I reached out to the author.

Comment

I use HomeKit to control all my HomeSeer devices and am looking at switching to Node Red for this. The current Homebridge app works great, but the developer of the HomeSeer Homebridge plugin switched to Hubitat, so I'm not sure how long it will be supported.

Comment

I got the node-red implementation working. The Sense API servers are still using an older SSL authentication that has to be overriden in recent Linux distros. I may try running Node Red with Sense on the same Win10 machine that runs HS4. The same issues were affecting Sense users on Hubitat and HA.

Comment

I am surprised that no one has written a Hubitat driver for it. It all sounds like a lot of work right now.

Comment

I have Sense node-red working on a Pi. I can post MQTT topics from node-red. Do any changes need to be made to mcsMQTT to allow creation of devices? Specifically, I'm looking for devices to show energy used and can also publish total energy used for the entire house to register as an energy monitor in HS4.

Comment

The topics and json keys that are being sent by node-red will appear on the Association tab of mcsMQTT. The "A" column checkbox is used to association the item to a HS device. The pluign will look at the payload to try to determine the type of UI that should be setup. It can be changed from the Edit tab which is easiest to get to by clicking the Ref button on the Association tab of the item you want to view and modify.

Comment

Great, do I need to add the devices in HS4 first, or will the associations tab build them?

Comment

The plugin creates the devices. It can be done the other way around, but your experience will be better if you let the plugin create them.

Comment

ive been looking for a sense plugin. im confused on how to load this. its not in the plugin store and im not familiar with what its doing. Is this something easy to explain or a lot of coding experience required? thanks!

Comment

I'm using mcsMQTT plugin with my sense energy monitor. Is there a way to use the Homeseer energy page? I would like to see the month's projected cost.

Thanks

Comment

The Edit tab of MQTT Page includes a setting to store into the HS Energy database. I find easiest way to access the Edit is from the Association table by clicking on the seq column or ref column row for the measurement of interest.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	1555256

Comment

In the sense app, it gave me my current bill to date and the amount that I'm trending for the month. Is this available?

Comment

The mcsMQTT integration of Sense Energy provides a default realtime set of data. It also has options for other feeds from their server and one is trendline. I do not have Sense installed and no longer have the account I used for the integration so I cannot test to see exactly what is provided in this feed. The checkboxes at the bottom of the Cloud Page, Sense Tab enables these additional feeds. The discussion for mcsMQTT integration is at mcsMQTT 5.20.0.1 [HS3 & HS4] Sense Energy , GW100 derived sensors, Concurrency Mgmt - HomeSeer Message Board

Comment

Working...
                              X