X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sjeffrey
    replied
    hi, its a time2 8" tablet.

I've searched and cant find any kind of dock, or accessories that might indicate what they are for.

I've now solved my issue by using a wireless charging pad receiver and cutting the ribbon off and soldering to a USB lead providing 5v. This seems to be the only way (cheaply) of getting a very small connector.

Link to a reciever.

thanks for taking your time to reply!

stu

Leave a comment:

• tome10
    replied
    What kind of tablet is it? Does it have a dock that the pins use? if you find the dock you could possible modify it. Also, is there a magnet built in where the pins are? I've recently become aware of Magcon, and maybe those pins use the 'Power Only' Magcon connector. It's a longshot. I ordered this dongle, and a cable and plan on powering my junk with these.

https://magconn.co.kr/shop/?wpv-product_cat=all-product

Leave a comment:

• sjeffrey
    replied
    unfortunatly, i think its going to proove too much trouble trying to get them working... i was hoping to find a little connector to sit over them, but i think as they are sprung they are expecting just pads to sit over, which will be alot more trouble. They are very small so screws wouldnt do it.

thanks for your response.

Stu

Leave a comment:

• mrhappy
    replied
    I did something similar with a connector for a Nexus 7 (it had four little press contacts) and used PCB pins but that might not be ideal for this, it's difficult to guess size on that image but my thoughts would just be screw heads small enough and then pressed into the contacts and a wire attached to it from behind??

Leave a comment:

• sjeffrey
    replied
    sorry not clearest photo, also just realised the terminals seem sprung if i push don on them.

Leave a comment:

• sjeffrey
    started a topic Tablet charging contacts?

Tablet charging contacts?

Hi,

im about to setup mounting some tablets on the wall in the house. I've figured out how they will be mounted, biggest problem is charging them. obviously i dont want a big micro usb charger sticking out the side.

the tablet i have brought has 2 terminals on the back, i'm wondering if these could be used to charging, and if anyone would know a connector that would plug into them, without having to solder onto the terminals.

any ideas?

Stu
    Attached Files
Working...
X