Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

teslaSeer, plugin using tesla motors "API"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Looks great, any chance of a Linux plugin?

    Comment


    • #17
      First Teslaseer event created

      Looking forward to my new Tesla being nice and cool when I get in it tonight...

      I set up a GeoFency fence and with PHLocation and the HS3 event engine and Teslaseer will be telling my Model 3 to turn on the climate control when I enter that fence tonight. By the time I get there 5-10 mins later it should be a cool 73F instead of the 105F it's registering in the Tesla app currently

      Thanks for this plugin!
      cheeryfool

      Comment


      • #18
        Three questions; Linux compatible? (saw another request for this just above) Is it possible via the API to control the charging amperage like you can in the car itself, e.g. can I use the plugin to limit the car to charge at 20amps during the day and then revert to 48amps in the evening? Lastly, where is the latest version (I saw you posted above you couldn't edit the first post to update the zip, can you attach it to a new reply?)?

        Thank you!
        Last edited by bsobel; July 10th, 2018, 08:51 PM. Reason: Added 3rd question

        Comment


        • #19
          Hi, just got a new Tesla and loving both the car and Plugin. Do you know how to get the Device to show KM instead of Miles?

          Thanks

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by bsobel View Post
            Three questions; Linux compatible? (saw another request for this just above) Is it possible via the API to control the charging amperage like you can in the car itself, e.g. can I use the plugin to limit the car to charge at 20amps during the day and then revert to 48amps in the evening? Lastly, where is the latest version (I saw you posted above you couldn't edit the first post to update the zip, can you attach it to a new reply?)?

            Thank you!
            Hello,

            I have not been focusing on linux, sorry. Maybe I will add it in the future, not sure.

            No function to alter A in API I am afraid. I do know that HPWC can be hacked though, if you use that. It requires some HW and other stuff. It is on github somewhere :P

            The last version is now in first post, I figured it out

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by anthonyb View Post
              Hi, just got a new Tesla and loving both the car and Plugin. Do you know how to get the Device to show KM instead of Miles?

              Thanks
              Hello,

              Are you using the latest version? it should check the setting in your car and update automagically

              Comment


              • #22
                Thanks for the great idea and implementation. Glad to be your beta tester. Found one very minor bug already :-) The "longitude" device was setup with a range -90 to +90, which maybe good for Europe but here on the US West Coast the longitudes are in -100s. This was an easy fix.
                Last edited by risquare; July 28th, 2018, 01:27 PM.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Any thoughts on using the streaming api to get up to the second update on location?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Bug report. "shift_state" shows "reverse" while the car is in "parked" for sure plus the native Tesla app that uses same API shows it in "parked" as well. Yes I did refresh the scxreen and I did another "update" before reporting this bug.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I'm also a plugin author, would you be open to some help porting it to Linux?

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Most of the status reports are accurate, however none of the actions does work here in California. Even simple ones like honk, flash lights, unlock do not work. Maybe US cars are tuned to another API...or maybe I'm doing something wrong. Pls. advise if this is the case. There is a guy who wrote an iPhone app using Tesla's API (hacked one because Tesla actually never released a formal one). He posts on Tesla forums. I'll ask him if the old API is still good and let everyone know.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by risquare View Post
                          Thanks for the great idea and implementation. Glad to be your beta tester. Found one very minor bug already :-) The "longitude" device was setup with a range -90 to +90, which maybe good for Europe but here on the US West Coast the longitudes are in -100s. This was an easy fix.
                          Thanks! I will update the device

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by risquare View Post
                            Most of the status reports are accurate, however none of the actions does work here in California. Even simple ones like honk, flash lights, unlock do not work. Maybe US cars are tuned to another API...or maybe I'm doing something wrong. Pls. advise if this is the case. There is a guy who wrote an iPhone app using Tesla's API (hacked one because Tesla actually never released a formal one). He posts on Tesla forums. I'll ask him if the old API is still good and let everyone know.
                            Strange, first time hearing this. Are you sure it is connected to the server? It will show in your logs.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              It is better tonight. Difference is that I have the native iPhone Tesla app open to track actions by Tesla HS3 plug-in. I don't know if that matters. Sorry for the confusion. I saw some actions and yes there are records in the log after I enabled Tesla API's log. I say "some" actions because the plug-in didn't always perform the action. Ironically sometimes it will perform the action on Tesla (confirmed by Tesla iPhone app) but will not change it's own HS3 device accordingly (which caused confusion before that there is no action). More testing pending. Some "recommendations" if you don't mind
                              1. Uncheck the box "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change:" for ALL Tesla devices. It's checked by default and creates (to me at least) the impression that some devices are not updated promptly when expected to update.
                              2. Force an "update" after an action so that users see the result of the action promptly.
                              3. Force web page refresh (could be beyond your control) as sometimes manually refresh is needed to see if an action took place

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Is there a reason of why "open/close trunk" and "open frunk" functions are not implemented. They are in the native Tesla app so I assume they are in the API.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X