Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

teslaSeer, plugin using tesla motors "API"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    ... of course "summon" is the crown jewel of all actions. Tesla native iPhone app does have it. However Tesla is very particular about the use of it and requires the user to be close to the car when action takes place. What is your take ? Is it available to you to work with? Can we hope that we will see it implemented within your wonderful Tesla plug-in? Thanks again for the great work.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by salvesen View Post

      Are you using the latest version? it should check the setting in your car and update automagically
      Yes, indeed the plug-in shows miles (not km) for my car and that is correct. However, for temperature it still shows Centigrade instead of Fahrenheit despite the fact that the car is setup for F for sure.

      Comment


      • #33
        I was very excited to use this plug-in to integrate my Tesla with Google Home trough HS3. However just found that someone has already integrated Tesla with GH directly. However this HS3 plug-in provides unique opportunities in special occasions such as geo-fencing, statistical data about places and speed, speak status reports throughout the house etc. Below is a link and spoken commands . Notoriously this integration doesn't provide the "summon" function either.

        https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/thre...ral-use.91949/

        get charge status
        get car status
        get climate status
        get location
        turn climate on
        warm up my car
        cool my car
        set driver temperature to 72
        set passenger side to 73
        start charging
        stop charging
        honk the horn
        flash lights
        turn climate off
        stop climate
        stop heating
        stop cooling
        how warm is my car
        how cold is my car
        dude where's my car
        get ready to take off
        go into hyperdrive
        how far can I drive
        how far can I go
        whats your name
        switch cars
        set charge limit to 85 percent
        start charging to 90 percent
        whats the charge limit
        lock the car
        unlock the car
        Open rear trunk
        Open front trunk
        Open trunk (assumes rear)
        Open frunk (assumes front)
        Close trunk

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by bsobel View Post
          I'm also a plugin author, would you be open to some help porting it to Linux?
          Ping on this question...

          Comment


          • #35
            I am EAGERLY awaiting the ability to utilize this! Supposed to be next week!

            Comment


            • #36
              Is the plugin currently working for anyone? Mine is now returning a server error: "In URLAction GET: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable." I am seeing this from pressing the Get Token button. It was working 2 days ago. I checked my login credentials. It wasn't working last night - one of my events didn't fire - and I now see the error when trying to get a fresh token.
              cheeryfool

              Comment


              • #37
                I just added this to HS today and am receiving the same server error.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Ditto

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Just a short update, Tesla has changed some stuff on their api side. Still trying to get the connection back, but I am not finding some good sorces for what has been changed so please be patient and I will have a new version out as soon as possible.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by bsobel View Post

                      Ping on this question...

                      Sorrry for the late response, at the moment I am not planning for that. But you are welcome to try and figure out what is going on with the API and how to get a connection trough vb.net at the moment

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by salvesen View Post


                        Sorrry for the late response, at the moment I am not planning for that. But you are welcome to try and figure out what is going on with the API and how to get a connection trough vb.net at the moment
                        Can you let me know what issues you are seeing, or perhaps share the code privately so I can debug (happy to do it under an NDA)?

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          The problem is that I cant seem to reach the servers anymore, and all information I have gathered is that they added user-agent and that it can be anything, but when adding it I am still unable to get a proper response from the servers. Below is just a small debug script I am running to try and establish connection. I would love some input/help if anyone have more information.

                          Public Sub getAccessToken(argumentsObject As Object)
                          Dim uri As New Uri("https://owner-api.teslamotors.com/oauth/token")
                          Dim jsonString As String = "{'grant_type' : 'password', 'client_id' : '81527cff06843c8634fdc09e8ac0abefb46ac849f38fe1e431c2ef21067 96384', 'client_secret' : 'c7257eb71a564034f9419ee651c7d0e5f7aa6bfbd18bafb5c5c033b093b b2fa3', 'email' : 'myemail', 'password' : 'mypassword', 'user-agent' : '007'}"
                          Dim data As Byte() = Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(jsonString)
                          Dim result_post As String = SendRequest(uri, data, "application/json", "POST")
                          hs.WriteLog("message", result_post)
                          End Sub


                          Private Function SendRequest(uri As Uri, jsonDataBytes As Byte(), contentType As String, method As String) As String
                          Dim req As WebRequest = WebRequest.Create(uri)
                          req.ContentType = contentType
                          req.Method = method
                          req.ContentLength = jsonDataBytes.Length


                          Dim stream = req.GetRequestStream()
                          stream.Write(jsonDataBytes, 0, jsonDataBytes.Length)
                          stream.Close()

                          Dim response = req.GetResponse().GetResponseStream()

                          Dim reader As New StreamReader(response)
                          Dim res = reader.ReadToEnd()
                          reader.Close()
                          response.Close()

                          Return res
                          End Function

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            There is an active discussion in Tesla forums about a commercially available Tesla iPhone app (called remote-s) that works and doesn't have reported problems with the API.
                            https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forum...fficial-thread

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by risquare View Post
                              There is an active discussion in Tesla forums about a commercially available Tesla iPhone app (called remote-s) that works and doesn't have reported problems with the API.
                              https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forum...fficial-thread
                              Yea, most of the applications are updated with the new API. But it is not well documented, or I havent found it yet. Everyone is talking about the user-agent being the change but for me it is still not working.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by salvesen View Post
                                The problem is that I cant seem to reach the servers anymore, and all information I have gathered is that they added user-agent and that it can be anything, but when adding it I am still unable to get a proper response from the servers. Below is just a small debug script I am running to try and establish connection. I would love some input/help if anyone have more information.

                                Public Sub getAccessToken(argumentsObject As Object)
                                Dim uri As New Uri("https://owner-api.teslamotors.com/oauth/token")
                                Dim jsonString As String = "{'grant_type' : 'password', 'client_id' : '81527cff06843c8634fdc09e8ac0abefb46ac849f38fe1e431c2ef21067 96384', 'client_secret' : 'c7257eb71a564034f9419ee651c7d0e5f7aa6bfbd18bafb5c5c033b093b b2fa3', 'email' : 'myemail', 'password' : 'mypassword', 'user-agent' : '007'}"
                                Dim data As Byte() = Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(jsonString)
                                Dim result_post As String = SendRequest(uri, data, "application/json", "POST")
                                hs.WriteLog("message", result_post)
                                End Sub


                                Private Function SendRequest(uri As Uri, jsonDataBytes As Byte(), contentType As String, method As String) As String
                                Dim req As WebRequest = WebRequest.Create(uri)
                                req.ContentType = contentType
                                req.Method = method
                                req.ContentLength = jsonDataBytes.Length


                                Dim stream = req.GetRequestStream()
                                stream.Write(jsonDataBytes, 0, jsonDataBytes.Length)
                                stream.Close()

                                Dim response = req.GetResponse().GetResponseStream()

                                Dim reader As New StreamReader(response)
                                Dim res = reader.ReadToEnd()
                                reader.Close()
                                response.Close()

                                Return res
                                End Function
                                Are those spaces in the clientID and client_secret intentional? Normally its one long string, not broken up like posted....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X