Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

teslaSeer, plugin using tesla motors "API"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bsobel View Post

    First post first page, bottom of graphic is the zip file link...

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 5.15.58 PM.png
Views:	62
Size:	211.5 KB
ID:	1272140
    uhh, I didn't notice that link. Thanks... I just got it installed and it seems great. Any way to put the longitude/latitude on the same line with a link that takes you to Google maps?? Also, would it be possible to add the car's location to PHLocation?

    Comment


    • I think more importantly this app needs away to allow the car to sleep like Teslafi uses. The plugin just puts to much vampire drain on the car in its current state. It needs some logic that like after X min of being parked stop polling the car and allow it to go to sleep.

      Here is some info on how polling can be setup.
      https://support.teslafi.com/knowledg...t-vampire-loss
      Last edited by integlikewhoa; January 4th, 2019, 01:29 PM. Reason: Added Link on Teslafi polling

      Comment


      • Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
        I think more importantly this app needs away to allow the car to sleep like Teslafi uses. The plugin just puts to much vampire drain on the car in its current state. It needs some logic that like after X min of being parked stop polling the car and allow it to go to sleep.

        Here is some info on how polling can be setup.
        https://support.teslafi.com/knowledg...t-vampire-loss
        That is why you have the enable/disable button, and also polling time on the config page.

        This application is not built on logic, it is built to get your data from your car so that you can build your own logic. After all, we are all developers of homeseer in here

        Comment


        • Originally posted by NotYetRated View Post

          [Response from getVehicleList: {"response":[{"id":XX,"vehicle_id":XX,"vin":"XX","display_name":"Life, the Universe, and Everything"
          I had the same problem and the same name off my car ;-)

          Try to rename your car to something without spaces and commas.. That fixed the problem for me.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jumper4000 View Post

            uhh, I didn't notice that link. Thanks... I just got it installed and it seems great. Any way to put the longitude/latitude on the same line with a link that takes you to Google maps?? Also, would it be possible to add the car's location to PHLocation?
            I have been using phlocation as well and have 2 devices, one each for latitude and longitude. The developer of phlocation V1, Paul, instituted a user device that took the info from my lat/lon devices to make a phlocation device. Although I don’t get my car data using this plugin (I use the streaming api and have it put in a mongo database), it works flawlessly. He just came out with phlocation V2 which I am looking forward to using but it doesn’t yet have that ability. But he did say he will be implementing the same technique shortly.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by salvesen View Post

              Hello,

              I did not implement any check really. Try turning on debug and see if you get any valid information. Request timeout usally only means that server is not available. Does your phone app work?
              I get this error from day 1 every time I try to wake my Tesla M3. Is anybody else getting this as well? Its getting annoying

              Calling SetIOMulti in plugin teslaSeer:Index was outside the bounds of the array

              Comment


              • Originally posted by will40 View Post

                I get this error from day 1 every time I try to wake my Tesla M3. Is anybody else getting this as well? Its getting annoying

                Calling SetIOMulti in plugin teslaSeer:Index was outside the bounds of the array
                Please include information before the application crashed, so I can check where it crashes. Turn on debug and send me the info in a message or something and Ill have a look.

                Comment


                • the app doesn't crash. Just get the error in the HS log everytime, even if it returns information. Log attached. It happens immediately after the wakeup response.

                  The other errors in this log do not happen often. Just the "Index outside the bounds of the array" error is constant.

                  teslaseer debug.pdf

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by will40 View Post
                    the app doesn't crash. Just get the error in the HS log everytime, even if it returns information. Log attached. It happens immediately after the wakeup response.

                    The other errors in this log do not happen often. Just the "Index outside the bounds of the array" error is constant.

                    [ATTACH]n1276540[/ATTACH]
                    Hello,

                    I havent been using the wakeUp function myself. Just tested it now and I see that I have the same problem. could be some changes on the API side regarding the wakeUp call. I will have a look at it after the weekend and make a fix for it.

                    Thanks for the information!

                    -Oliver

                    Comment


                    • Can this plug-in pull the car out of the garage (summon the car as Tesla calls it). Summon function by the native Tesla app has some annoying restrictions. It requires owner to be close by for example. Does your plug-in circumvent these. I'm using it on private property so no pubic streets, no small children, no animals to be concerned about. My dogs are smarter than the Tesla anyhow :-)

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by risquare View Post
                        Can this plug-in pull the car out of the garage (summon the car as Tesla calls it). Summon function by the native Tesla app has some annoying restrictions. It requires owner to be close by for example. Does your plug-in circumvent these. I'm using it on private property so no pubic streets, no small children, no animals to be concerned about. My dogs are smarter than the Tesla anyhow :-)
                        No, and I would never undertake any function like this as it would be on my hands if anything happens. It is not possible anyways. Cant bypass the safety rules.

                        Comment


                        • Would it be possible to have the car regulate it’s rate of charge? I know most people want it to charge as fast as possible, but I am on a unique plan with the electric company that gives me incentive to make sure I never draw more than a certain number of amps for the whole house. I’ve watched the Tesla regulate it’s rate of charge automatically (slow ramp up) on initial plug in, so I’m wondering if we could somehow tap in to that functionality.

                          Comment


                          • I've got tons of red ink in the HS3 log caused by TeslaSeer. Same message 10 times each minute.
                            It's anonymous as you can see. So I started disabling my plug-ins one by one and the error messages stopped when I disabled TeslaSeer.
                            Did something change at Tesla API side as nothing did on my side.
                            BTW it would be nice if TeslaSeer announces itself in the logs so that we know when messages come from there.
                            Feb-04 4:37:01 PM error Error: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                            Feb-04 4:37:01 PM error Error: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                            Feb-04 4:37:01 PM error Error: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                            Feb-04 4:37:01 PM error Error: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                            Feb-04 4:37:01 PM error Error: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                            Feb-04 4:36:01 PM error Error: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                            Feb-04 4:36:01 PM error Error: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                            Feb-04 4:36:01 PM error Error: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                            Feb-04 4:36:01 PM error Error: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                            Feb-04 4:36:01 PM error Error: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

                            Comment


                            • I tried to restart TeslaSeer and re-enter my credentials. Now I'm getting this message in the plug-ins panel

                              WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from teslaSeer - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by readi343 View Post
                                Would it be possible to have the car regulate it’s rate of charge? I know most people want it to charge as fast as possible, but I am on a unique plan with the electric company that gives me incentive to make sure I never draw more than a certain number of amps for the whole house. I’ve watched the Tesla regulate it’s rate of charge automatically (slow ramp up) on initial plug in, so I’m wondering if we could somehow tap in to that functionality.
                                No this is not possible over the API as of today.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X