teslaSeer, plugin using tesla motors "API"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsobel View Post

Are those spaces in the clientID and client_secret intentional? Normally its one long string, not broken up like posted....

I think it is just the forum formatting, they are no spaces in the test script I am running.

Comment

This help at all? Or has it not been updated?

https://timdorr.docs.apiary.io/#

Comment

Or this from Tim Dorr as well, last GitHub commit was just 6 days ago...

https://github.com/timdorr/model-s-api

Oh, maybe this is the auth stuff you already new about (UA and X-Tesla-User-Agent)...

https://github.com/timdorr/model-s-api/issues/79

Comment

So after som fiddling around and using .UserAgent instead of posting it in the body I seem to have contact with the servers. But now I have a 400 bad request. So, still something wrong but getting closer. Not sure what is causing the bad request at the moment.

Comment

There is an active discussion in Tesla forums about a commercially available Tesla iPhone app (called remote-s) that works and doesn't have reported problems with the API.
            https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forum...fficial-thread
            I asked them specifically what kind of API they are using hacked vs official and the answer was vague. Also the author claims that he has access to some "features" that others don't.

Comment

I am happy to say that my request just went trough! Please give me some time to re-write is needed and v1.0.2PA will be available soon

Comment

salvesen, do you have a donate link or anything? I pick up my Model 3 tomorrow and cannot wait to 1. pick her up and 2. test this plugin out! Really appreciate the work!

Comment

Excellent news salvesen! Thanks for working so diligently on this!

Comment

Originally posted by NotYetRated View Post
                    salvesen, do you have a donate link or anything? I pick up my Model 3 tomorrow and cannot wait to 1. pick her up and 2. test this plugin out! Really appreciate the work!
                    So you bought a model 3 just to test this plugin. That’s geek . Haha kidding

Comment

Are those spaces in the clientID and client_secret intentional? Normally its one long string, not broken up like posted....
                      Ok I finally got a chance to properly read this over, I think you misunderstood the user-agent field. It is not part of the OATH payload, but rather a HTTP header that needs to be added. See request.Headers.Add() to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by salvesen View Post
                        So after som fiddling around and using .UserAgent instead of posting it in the body I seem to have contact with the servers. But now I have a 400 bad request. So, still something wrong but getting closer. Not sure what is causing the bad request at the moment.
                        Aww sorry, didn't see this part of the thread when I just responded...

Comment

While you are on this, I know you said this is for Windows, but are you actually calling any native code, or is it possible this will 'just work' on Linux?

Comment

While you are on this, I know you said this is for Windows, but are you actually calling any native code, or is it possible this will 'just work' on Linux?
                            When I was doing the testing of the SW I think people tried using it on linux and said it worked fine. But I am not sure to be honest.

Comment

When I was doing the testing of the SW I think people tried using it on linux and said it worked fine. But I am not sure to be honest.
                              Aww ok, well if you stayed with VB and didn't call out to native code it most likely 'just works'. If you are doing any file io, if you just relay on Path.Combine instead of building paths yourself using \ generally it should 'just be ok'. When you get an update for the above pushed I'll give it a test. Thanks!

Comment

I am happy to say that my request just went trough! Please give me some time to re-write is needed and v1.0.2PA will be available soon
                                Would you mind sharing the logon/security changes you made? I've got a .vb script gathering logging data I've been running for 5 years, but haven't tracked down the changes needed to make it work with the new updates. Would appreciate not having to piece it together. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X