Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS compatible electric heater thermostat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS compatible electric heater thermostat?

Have a look at the Sinope thermostat: https://www.sinopetech.com/en/produc...thermostat-en/

I wrote a plugin to integrate them with HS3: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=185334

Comment

Thanks for the info

That you for the info. Looks like a great thermostat. Any other options before I make a final selection?

Thank you!

Comment

Stand alone?

Originally posted by spud View Post
        Have a look at the Sinope thermostat: https://www.sinopetech.com/en/produc...thermostat-en/

I wrote a plugin to integrate them with HS3: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=185334

Comment

Without internet it can act as a regular dumb thermostat with only 2 buttons to increase/decrease the setpoint.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by spud View Post
            Without internet it can act as a regular dumb thermostat with only 2 buttons to increase/decrease the setpoint.
            Perfect, exactly the answer I was looking for!

Comment

Spud, does your plugin require Internet connectivity to the Sinope stats, or just LAN connectivity to the stats from HS. I always worry about these noname IOT devices and security holes they might have inside.

If I can put them on a LAN segment that HS can talk to but nothing else can, that makes them much less worrisome to use.

Thanks,
              mike

Comment

Originally posted by fresnoboy View Post
                Spud, does your plugin require Internet connectivity to the Sinope stats, or just LAN connectivity to the stats from HS. I always worry about these noname IOT devices and security holes they might have inside.

If I can put them on a LAN segment that HS can talk to but nothing else can, that makes them much less worrisome to use.

Thanks,
                mike
                my plugin only requires LAN connectivity.

Comment

If you want something not networked the StelPro Ki thermostat is a good option for 240v baseboard heaters. They have a z-wave and zigbee version. I have 6 of the z-wave versions and they all work great. No internet required.

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
                    If you want something not networked the StelPro Ki thermostat is a good option for 240v baseboard heaters. They have a z-wave and zigbee version. I have 6 of the z-wave versions and they all work great. No internet required.
                    You have these incorporated with HS with just a z-wave plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon19 View Post
                      You have these incorporated with HS with just a z-wave plugin?
                      Yes they are standard Z-wave nothing else. They work well with HS with the exception of the "virtual outdoor temperature" does not work with HS. Not sure why yet. Hoping that will be fixed some day. Other than that everything else works.

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
                        Yes they are standard Z-wave nothing else. They work well with HS with the exception of the "virtual outdoor temperature" does not work with HS. Not sure why yet. Hoping that will be fixed some day. Other than that everything else works.

Comment

Yes that is correct. The z-wave unit does NOT work with fans. The Zigbee version Does...go figure. I don't know if the zigbee would be supported in any form with HS as zigbee support so far... only seems to be lights with external hubs or adapters.

I rather like the Sinope as well. When I was buying my thermostat I don't think the sinope has a line voltage model available. There's also another one that is line voltage and is nice as well. The Mysa units are nice looking but they are wifi/internet based like the Sinope.

Comment

I have the Stelpro and find it's Z-Wave interface incomprehensible. No way to turn the heat off?!

I managed to pair mine to HS4, but its interface is frustrating me. All I want is two modes: 1 - heat ON with a setpoint of 60 degrees and 2 - Heat OFF. Can you give me some pointers? Stelpro tech support (useless) tells me there is no way to turn heat off, which I find incomprehensible.
                            TIA - Chuck​

Comment

Originally posted by survey_sez View Post
                              I have the Stelpro and find it's Z-Wave interface incomprehensible. No way to turn the heat off?!

I managed to pair mine to HS4, but its interface is frustrating me. All I want is two modes: 1 - heat ON with a setpoint of 60 degrees and 2 - Heat OFF. Can you give me some pointers? Stelpro tech support (useless) tells me there is no way to turn heat off, which I find incomprehensible.
                              TIA - Chuck​
                              I know it's an old thread, but no there is no 'off' setting. I set them at 50F instead of off.
                              It's controlling an electric baseboard in a bathroom so the temperature should never get that low.
                              The virtual exterior temperature used to work just fine with Vera, but with HS needs a bit of work and I don't think it's worth my time so I disabled that.

Reference: https://www.opensmarthouse.org/zwavedatabase/315

Comment

Working...
                              X