Marrick in Trouble?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marrick in Trouble?

A little over two months ago I sent my PLC back to them for replacement under warantee (and boy did I miss the response time of a PLC that talked faster than 1200 baud). It took them two months to get me a replacement and in the end they had to repair my failed unit, they didn't have any in stock to send an immediate replacement.

Didn't have any in stock?

Has anybody seen the PLC in catalogs lately? I'm wonder if the economy has done a number on Marrick to where they are holding back production or something. Not exactly something to instill confidence, I'm just glad I got my PLC back.

Brian,

Glad to hear that you got your PLC back. I don't think Marrick is very large and I know that they were working on a new PLC a while ago so they may not be getting any more of the older PLCs made.

It wouldn't surprise me if they were going down hill. I have only seen the LynX-10 PLC in a few places and they are a pain to work with.

Eric

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eric Vickery:
      It wouldn't surprise me if they were going down hill. I have only seen the LynX-10 PLC in a few places and they are a pain to work with.

Eric<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They may be a pain to code for, but they work a hell of a lot better than a CM-11A when you get them working. I'm probably going to have to pick up a spare unit just in case my current one fails again.

Comment

Brian,

I agree the LynxX-10 is much better than the CM11A. It's not the units that are hard to deal with. It's the company that can be a pain.

Eric

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eric Vickery:
          It's not the units that are hard to deal with. It's the company that can be a pain.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, OK.

Comment

Working...
          X