Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are You Interested In A Z-Wave Weather Station?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are You Interested In A Z-Wave Weather Station?

I spoke to Homeseer tech support and they have played with the Qubino Weather Station ( http://qubino.com/products/weather-station/ ) but not completed interfacing.

They seemed to indicate that if there was enough interest from customers they could put it on the engineering schedule.

I suggested to them that they might consider selling the product.

In looking over what it does I personally am very interested as it has all the values I want in a weather station and it is full z-wave.

If Homeseer can link to all the values it opens the door to more/better control of the house and garden. As we live in the mountains the wind gust info is very interesting. The included values are below:

Indoor Temperature (measured on the thermo/hygro sensor)
    Outdoor temperature (measured on the thermo/hygro sensor)
    Indoor humidity (measured on the thermo/hygro sensor)
    Outdoor humidity (measured on the thermo/hygro sensor)
    Rain Rate (measured on the rain sensor)
    Wind direction (measured on the Wind gauge)
    Wind Speed (measured on the Wind gauge)
    Wind gust (measured on the Wind gauge)
    Outdoor Temperature (measured on the Wind gauge)
    Wind Chill (measured on the Wind gauge)

...Steve

@Steve- Agreed, it would be a very nice unit for our purposes. However, for reasons unknown the Qubino Weather Station is not z-wave plus certified for the US.

I believe that makes it a deal killer as far as HS is concerned. Otherwise, HS would have to start conforming to every z-wave product out there. It's tough enough they have to modify HS as much as they do to work with certified z-wave products.

I'm disappointed that the weather station seems to work with other z-wave hubs but not Homeseer and unfortunately I don't see that changing. I did contact Qubino about their lack of certification for quite a few of their devices and they said they're basically a EU company. Not a good answer.

BTW, I sincerely hope I'm wrong!

Comment

I'm a bit naive when it comes to z-wave certification, etc., but I understand what you are saying.

Would it be possible for one of the creative plugin designers to create an interface for the station and HS...s

Comment

Living in a sparsely populated coastal area with no local weather, i know the need for a dependable weather station. I'd love to have one.

I don't really care whether Qubino has certification or not, if it works for me and flawlessly with HS... in fact, it might be a financial advantage, if they don't spend the [Z-Wave doesn't publish how much] for certification... and I might note that they doif you get it working and support the station with parts and service. OTOH, if this is a Z-wave Yugo, like some of the other stuff that has passed through the HS store and gone, just don't.
        HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
        Home Assistant 2024.3
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
        Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
        Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
        WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
        AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

thesmartesthouse.com was selling it through their site and through Amazon. However, HS was not listed as one of the gateways it worked with.

It does show for sale at vesternet.com but of course that's for EU frequency.

So it may in fact be a Yugo hood ornament. That said, I too am willing to buy the unit if it will work with HS, in fact that's the only reason I don't own it now.

Comment

Put me down for one, too if HS compatible.

If I knew how to get the poll to work maybe we could get enough wanting to buy to get HS interested...

Comment

If this get support from HS then I'd be interested as well. I've been thinking/looking for a weather station for my wife and I want to ensure I can integrate whatever I get into my automation schema.

Comment

Hi,

I have one of these 'sort of' working with HomeSeer.

See this thread for the details:
                https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=193246

A

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                  thesmartesthouse.com was selling it through their site and through Amazon. However, HS was not listed as one of the gateways it worked with.

It does show for sale at vesternet.com but of course that's for EU frequency.

So it may in fact be a Yugo hood ornament. That said, I too am willing to buy the unit if it will work with HS, in fact that's the only reason I don't own it now.
                  I contacted Qubino to ask where in USA I could buy weather station. This was the reply this morning:

Qubino products in the USA you can buy at The smartest house, https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/sea...oduct&q=qubino
                  Unfortunately Weather station is out of stock and we do not know when will be available again on stock.

Elliott
                  "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                  "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

I'm willing to buy a US frequency version if someone has one available.

Comment

Why do you want a Zwave weather station? Zwave radio range is much shorter than WiFi so you have to have real close to the house access point. I have a Ambientweather PWS 200 yards from the closest access point and it works great with the Ambient Weather plug in. Over a year and no misses.

Comment

Yeah, I realize all that. Just a project to have "fun" with.

Comment

I also have been waiting for one that is US and works with HS directly/supported to avoid all the API's cost, problems and weather info not being accurate. Pending price i would seriously look at one that offers those features in post#1, Right now Weather flow is the one i'm researching. One feature i would add is getting alerts for Sever thunder storms, Tornado alerts etc, i use emails to trigger events for this now and change color of my RGB bulbs and Announce over my google home Minis.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigstevep View Post
                            I have a Ambientweather PWS 200 yards from the closest access point and it works great with the Ambient Weather plug in. Over a year and no misses.
                            Is the PWS 200 an older model? I can’t seem to find that one.

Comment

Working...
                            X