No announcement yet.

Lack of Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rich, Rick, could you at least reply with a short "ok, thanks for the info" message to confirm that you saw the debugging information I posted or let me know that it didn't help and I can turn off the verbose logging I'm using?

Comment

Yes, I saw it. I will get back to you soon.

-Rich
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Just to add some fuel to the fire, I opened help desk ticket #60 in March 2003, regarding the lockups.

It has been marked 'tentatively closed' for whatever reason... but, the problem still exists. I didn't reopen the ticket because I'm weary of the issue. Also, subsequent issues (like upgrading to a new computer with only one serial port) have forced me to the Powerlinc USB.

I'm running version 1.0.4.0, which is newer than the officially released version of the plugin. It seems much better than the released version.

I don't recall the fix that was made to 1.0.4.0, but there is much discussion on the board about it.

I too would like to see this problem fixed, if only because the Powerlinc USB has its own problems, and in an emergency, I would go back to the Lynx-10, either with a USB to serial converter, or to a PC with two serial ports. (I'm on my second Powerlinc USB, and although they are inexpensive enough, the shipping cost exceeds the price of the unit, so I don't plan to buy a third unit)

Perhaps if we did some more testing with 1.0.4.0, this version could be released as a fix to the problem? THEN we could close all our help desk tickets.

PS: IMHO, a problem that causes all X10 I/O to quit should probably be the HIGHEST priority possible...

Comment

You're not the only one to notice that we all seem to be running a later version than what is in the updater. I've been running 1.0.4.0 and that's where I'm still seeing the problem.

That said, and given fuss we've had to raise to even get the problem looked at, I seriously doubt we'll ever see a fix to it. Marrick, if they aren't dead, aren't a healthy company and the last word I had was that they had no stock of the PLC available. It took me almost two months to get mine repaired when I sent it to them last year, they couldn't ship me a replacement, they had to actually fix mine.

Take a lack of hardware, add a lack of software support, and you end up with a result that means we should all probably be looking for a new interface.

Comment

The difficulty on our end was due to our being unaware of the issue which Brian fixed recently, and now it is just trying to balance the need for being able to reproduce the error and work on it with the development we are doing with HS 2.0. We want this to work reliably, even if Rick and Mark are not doing so well as people already have these, and they should be able to use them.

Rich was working on this as he is the better C programmer - I'll bring it up with him again.
              Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Bump?

Comment

A new build is now available. See my post in this forum.

-Rich
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                  X