Possibly useful hardware control interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuzzysb View Post

That's a streamdeck issue. If you highlight all text in a field and then overtype it will work. A number of plugins have this issue. I think I need to dispose of the timer to prevent it from firing. But don't know what interface I need to do it in that doesn't leave it permanently disposed. But it's not often I change something once in place so haven't seen the need to look more in depth
    Will have to test that later. Do you have any plans to expand it for like a thermostat or other sensors to show their value?

Comment

i don't currently have plans, however would be relatively simple to implement, the source code for this project is currently public and available here should you want to expand on it.

Comment

Thats so awesome!! Wow!

Comment

Im on a Mac, so I cant really test it. Does it reflect the status of the devices in HS?

Comment

Originally posted by Ljcurfew View Post
            Im on a Mac, so I cant really test it. Does it reflect the status of the devices in HS?
            Can already attest that it does this for dimmers, lights, and switches. Obviously for a switch it looks off with the light-bulb, but the ease in usage is worth it.

For dimmers it only works on two values, but I'm using 255 (Last) for On, and 0 for Off.

I've only got the 3-rows with 5-columns model Stream Deck, and already wishing I got the larger one

Stream Deck supports folders though, so 15 buttons can be transferred into 15 folders with each their own 14 buttons (one is reserved to navigate upwards).

So, at 3-levels deep you could add 15 * 14 * 14 = 2,940 HomeSeer actions, but I'm happy with the 5 that I added on main screen for now to quickly control a few devices.

PS: Speed is incredible, almost feels instant both in action as in display feedback to show status when pushing button on device, and at a max like a quarter to half a second when using my phone to initiate the action before Stream Deck updates status to match.

Comment

Well. I could use a multi action switch, that's indicated as a switch with on/off pictures, but its not reflected by the real HS status.

Now I need to find a small factor Windows PC for this project and a USB <-> cat 5 adaptor to get the stream deck up on the wall

Comment

Well. I could use a multi action switch, that's indicated as a switch with on/off pictures, but its not reflected by the real HS status.

Now I need to find a small factor Windows PC for this project and a USB <-> cat 5 adaptor to get the stream deck up on the wall
                Would it not be easier just to use a tablet with software icons controlled by HS to replicate this?
                Jon

Comment

The reason why Stream Deck works for me, is because it is on my office desk connected to the PC already there. If you want to control multiple devices/scenes from other locations in the house perhaps think through on what you are after. Most likely the control spot you have in mind is near a light switch, so you can replace that with a HomeSeer WD200+ one that has 7x LED feedback indicators and room for 14 triggers. You can expand it otherwise or use it for areas that don't have easy access to power with an Aeotec Wallmote Quad next to it for an additional 16-scene control with haptic feedback.

As jon00 mentioned, a tablet running a HSTouch interface might be more what you are after if there is a need for advanced visual feedback (status/graphs/animations/etc.)

Example HomeSeer HSTouch interfaces by others @ https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...touch-designer

Comment

Originally posted by RoChess View Post

Works great on initial testing, but it is slightly annoying that no changes can be made, you have to delete the action and recreate it.
                    You probably need to edit the PluginActionPI.html file. I think each of the five properties should have an oninput="setSettings()" attribute, not just the last one.

If you don't want to edit that file, it's possible that just changing the last property and back might save the other changes, but I haven't tested that.

Comment

Although Elgato state that you cannot run a Stream Deck over a long USB lead because of the power requirement to run the in-built screen, I am happily running mine over a 10-metre (i.e. 30-foot) 'active' USB lead that includes a plug-in power amplifier half way along it. Search for 'USB Active Extension Cable With Signal Booster' on Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzysb View Post
                        Maybe not really worth posting, but this is a plugin I wrote for the StreamDeck to interface with homeseer's JSON SDK
                        Awesome plugin, and I use it often, but it appears to have a memory leak somewhere by not releasing resources properly. After a few weeks of uptime Streamdesk software takes up like 12GB of memory, which I never realized until Chitubox kept crashing and I looked closer at bad behaving apps after I discovered my free memory was fragmented/gone.

If I disable your plugin it doesn't get that crazy, so the main culprit is definitely your code.

It's probably something simple to fix, but that doesn't mean it won't take up any time as I've wasted half a day locating a missing semi-colon

For now I just remind myself to quit Streamdeck and relaunch it, and I can probably automate that via Taskscheduler, but I'd rather fix the problem at the source.

PS: Perhaps it has to do with images on status update changes? Those happen very often for me on the entries I got active on main Streamdeck screen, and there must be at least 100 updates a day if not more. Just restarted StreamDeck.exe again and it is at 182.2MB, but it was at 6.3GB a few minutes ago before I restarted it as I wanted to avoid Chitubox crashing slicing a big file.

Comment

Very interested in this plugin! I wish I was a programmer and could run with it!

Comment

Cant seem to get the plugin working, anyone having success with Stream Deck 5.1.3.14750? Not sure if it is my issue or if it is a plugin/streamdeck issue...

Comment

Originally posted by NotYetRated View Post
                              Cant seem to get the plugin working, anyone having success with Stream Deck 5.1.3.14750? Not sure if it is my issue or if it is a plugin/streamdeck issue...
                              Was still on previous version, so just updated, but happy to confirm this plugin still works. There is a memory leak though, this custom action causes massive memory usage after a couple weeks of running, where it consumes like 8GB of memory, so I have to terminate app and relaunch it. Probably easy to fix by developer and just a handler that they forget to close, but it appears they have abandoned the project for others. It still works though, so I still enjoy using it. Ended up writing a Windows trigger that at 4am kills app and restarts it.

Comment

Anyone willing to share compiled plugin?
                                I am unable to build it from the source, get the "DistributionTool using printf Error: Invalid input." error when I try

\DistributionTool.exe -b -i "uk.co.broadbandtap.homeseer" -o test

Edit: Never mind, it is late at night, found it, installed it, but cannot get it to run (I suspect it has something to do with port number)

Comment

Working...
                                X