Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ideas for watering grass or garden

Hi everyone

I'm looking for a simple solution to water up my garden and grass. I don't want to put sprinklers.

anyone got ideas to open water automaticaly.

thx

here is my idea anyone can give me advice for on off zwave powered battery or solar maybe.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by francrouge; July 6, 2018, 09:20 PM.

These units are available from local hardware store. They come with a mechanical timer. If you want computer control then the valves designed for whole house shutoff could be adapted. I have used a standard irrigation valve and plugged the transformer into an outlet that is computer controlled. Just Y off the spigot and adapt the valve with hose fittings.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      These units are available from local hardware store. They come with a mechanical timer. If you want computer control then the valves designed for whole house shutoff could be adapted. I have used a standard irrigation valve and plugged the transformer into an outlet that is computer controlled. Just Y off the spigot and adapt the valve with hose fittings.
      can you share a picture of you're system please?

Really curious to see

thx

Comment

http://cocoontech.com/forums/page/ar...ing-system-r53

article was written a while ago. just replace the x-10 appliance module with a more modern controller

https://m.lowes.com/pd/Orbit-Analog-...SABEgJ0R_D_BwE

https://m.lowes.com/pd/Orbit-Digital...iABEgIS9_D_BwE

what michael mentioned above
        --------------------------------------------------
        **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

Originally posted by francrouge View Post
          Hi everyone

I'm looking for a simple solution to water up my garden and grass. I don't want to put sprinklers.

anyone got ideas to open water automaticaly from outside faucet ?

thx
          There are two things I've been looking at.

Orbit B-Hyve
          LinkTap

The B-Hyve is Wifi/Bluetooth and the LinkTap is Zigbee with it's own ZigBee gateway and uses Wifi for app control.

LinkTap has an API which makes it possible to integrate. There's a mention of the B-Hyve API on their forum but no documentation. I have contacted Orbit about the API for B-Hyve.

I've been looking for a system for watering as well since I don't have/need a in-ground sprinkler system. I'm leaning towards the LinkTap as it seems to be more open for integration.

Comment

To add to what others have stated,

I had a similar need.

I bought a few of the in-ground irrigation values and power supplies and hooked each power supply to a z-wave switch. I hooked them up to garden hoses and used them for landscape watering.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Orbit-0-75-...-Valve/1179013

After a few seasons of experimation and expansion, I ended up building this (older photo attached) and connected it to the z-wave go control irrigation unit.

All connections have their own brass shutoff valve so I can adjust the flow to each target.

The left valve is for manual control if needed. The 2nd is connected to a 2' section of garden hose, that I can connect longer hoses to water lawn with traveling sprinkler as needed or for spot watering if repairing bare spots.

I empty it and put it in the garage during the winter months.
            Attached Files
            Len

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
            Linux version: Linux homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
            Number of Devices: 633
            Number of Events: 773

Enabled Plug-Ins
            2.0.54.0: BLBackup
            2.0.40.0: BLLAN
            3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
            30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
            3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health
            3.0.0.87: weatherXML
            3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

Hi all

I made a little schema of what i would like to build.

I don't need a big system just a very small. powered by solar and a batterie maybe.

can someone advice me please.

thx
              Attached Files

Comment

Simpler

Just go with rocks for a lawn... they need no water..... a lot cheaper but tough on the mower

Comment

Hi everyone

thx

here is my idea anyone can give me advice for on off zwave powered battery or solar maybe.
                  Just an FYI I'll be releasing a plugin for LinkTap soon.

It's actually a really good system and the company is easy to work with. It has it's own Zigbee controller to control the TapLink device and hold it's information and schedules. The web interface and mobile app both work well.

Currently their API is somewhat limited, however I've been working with them and they are making changes/adjustments to their API to make integrations easier and to provide more control.

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
                    Just an FYI I'll be releasing a plugin for LinkTap soon.

It's actually a really good system and the company is easy to work with. It has it's own Zigbee controller to control the TapLink device and hold it's information and schedules. The web interface and mobile app both work well.

Currently their API is somewhat limited, however I've been working with them and they are making changes/adjustments to their API to make integrations easier and to provide more control.

Comment

Hi everyone

thx

I personally use rocks for the lawn, the cehapest and the most eco-friendly thing to use

Comment

Working...
                      X