Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

double tts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • double tts

    any voice announcement from an event is voiced correctly through my sonos, or through any of my tablets. However, in the log the tts shows up twice. I have set up Jon00's speak utility so it kind of messes up reporting, as it has double entries within the virtual device. I had noticed the double tts entry in the log prior to installing jon00's speak utility, but it didn't bother me because it was of no effect, but now it has become an issue.


    Does anyone have an idea why this is happening and how to fix it?


    (the search feature in the forum leaves much to be desired)

  • #2
    Originally posted by wadesready View Post
    I had noticed the double tts entry in the log prior to installing jon00's speak utility, but it didn't bother me because it was of no effect, but now it has become an issue.
    Does anyone have an idea why this is happening and how to fix it?
    Do you have more than one speech proxy enabled?
    (the search feature in the forum leaves much to be desired)
    You can use Google search.
    site:forums.homeseer.com followed by your search term(s) and logic
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

    HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

    Comment


    • #3
      [QUOTE=Uncle Michael;1375789]Do you have more than one speech proxy enabled?


      I don't think I do...where should I look? I have sonos and then the normal hs3 speech, nothing else.



      I have sonos set with check mark in the proxy flag, and forward when there is no match. not having a check mark in there disables sonos. the event below only has the sonos specified, not the tablets.



      Jul-21 2:02:30 PM TTS Speak: ($SONOS$ALL$:*):The time is 2:02 PM
      Jul-21 2:02:30 PM TTS Speak: ($SONOS$ALL$:*):The time is 2:02 PM
      Jul-21 2:02:30 PM Event Event Trigger "Kinect whats the time"

      Comment


      • #4
        I have the opposite problem. I run the Sonos plug-in. I get no TTS logging at all when my script issues a hs.speak command directed only to my Sonos Linkgroup "$SONOS$ANNOUNCE$:*". If I issue a generic speak action to all clients, trapped by the sonos plug-in, TTS is not logged.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	1198399

        Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	1198400
        Randy Prade
        Aurora, CO
        Prades.net

        PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by wadesready View Post
          any voice announcement from an event is voiced correctly through my sonos, or through any of my tablets. However, in the log the tts shows up twice. I have set up Jon00's speak utility so it kind of messes up reporting, as it has double entries within the virtual device. I had noticed the double tts entry in the log prior to installing jon00's speak utility, but it didn't bother me because it was of no effect, but now it has become an issue.


          Does anyone have an idea why this is happening and how to fix it?


          (the search feature in the forum leaves much to be desired)

          Sorry to hijack this thread, but I am trying to get Jon00 speak to work with Sonos, but its not working for me. My Sonos Linkgroup names are KitchenTTS and Announce.
          In the Jon00 speak ini it looks like this:

          [Settings]
          UseVirtualDevices=1
          CheckClientUse = 1
          VDMode = 0
          =
          SPClientList=$SONOS$Announce$:*,$SONOS$KitchenTTS$:*
          [default:all]
          ...


          does this look right to you ?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
            Sorry to hijack this thread, but I am trying to get Jon00 speak to work with Sonos, but its not working for me. My Sonos Linkgroup names are KitchenTTS and Announce.
            In the Jon00 speak ini it looks like this:

            [Settings]
            UseVirtualDevices=1
            CheckClientUse = 1
            VDMode = 0
            =
            SPClientList=$SONOS$Announce$:*,$SONOS$KitchenTTS$:*
            [default:all]
            ...


            does this look right to you ?
            That is the way I have mine and is the way Jon asked his ini file be set. My problem is that TTS logging is not working for me, so I have no idea if the entries would work.
            Randy Prade
            Aurora, CO
            Prades.net

            PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by rprade View Post
              I have the opposite problem. I run the Sonos plug-in. I get no TTS logging at all when my script issues a hs.speak command directed only to my Sonos Linkgroup "$SONOS$ANNOUNCE$:*". If I issue a generic speak action to all clients, trapped by the sonos plug-in, TTS is not logged.

              [ATTACH]70075[/ATTACH]

              [ATTACH]70076[/ATTACH]



              I dont think is sonos causing the problem... I just sent a voice announcement to 1 tablet, 1 time, and I had 3 tts log entries. I am running .449, but I noticed some time ago that the double tts entries were in the log. something is wacky somewhere.....

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
                Sorry to hijack this thread, but I am trying to get Jon00 speak to work with Sonos, but its not working for me. My Sonos Linkgroup names are KitchenTTS and Announce.
                In the Jon00 speak ini it looks like this:

                [Settings]
                UseVirtualDevices=1
                CheckClientUse = 1
                VDMode = 0
                =
                SPClientList=$SONOS$Announce$:*,$SONOS$KitchenTTS$:*
                [default:all]
                ...


                does this look right to you ?

                that is how I have my sonos in the ini and it is working for me...except the double tts in the log

                Comment

                Working...
                X