Qubino RGBW query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qubino RGBW query

Hi, I have this device. I'll post an image of the HomeSeers child devices tomorrow, when I'm not on my phone.

Your idea to use the 4 channel outputs might work, note that the outputs share a common + though. Each colour channel, RGB and W, gets added as a multilevel switch device. There is also a colour picker device that manipulates these four channels.

I don't believe your idea for the 4 inputs will be possible. While there are four switch inputs on the physical device, they aren't added in homeseer. All I have is a single binary switch, and a multilevel switch (seperate to the other 4) that acts as an overall dimmer.

I don't know which physical inputs these are tied to, the device is under my bed and is only controlled via apps/Alexa, I don't use the physical switch inputs.

Comment

Hello Fellhahn,

That would great if you could.

The inputs I’m not too fused about, if anything it was inputs if needed, but that’s no problem.

That’s cool about the multi level device though. Could just use a multi meter, find out what percentage gives the correct output needed for the relay and manipulate the output to enable the relay.

I look forward to the pictures

Comment

The Qubino RGBW is very similar to the Fibaro RGBW. It has 4 independent PWM outputs. If the output is "On" the waveform is virtually 100% duty cycle. The devices can operate with 12 or 24 volts DC as a supply. As a result, the output on any channel will essentially be at that operating voltage when On. At dim levels, the output is switched on and off rapidly and the duty cycle of the On time is varied based upon the dim percentage. These outputs can control LED or Halogen loads up to 8 amps on a single channel, with a 13A maximum total of all channels. Each output channel is represented as a HomeSeer child device and is independently controllable. If you want the outputs to drive a 12 or 24 volt relay, they will work well as long as the command is "On" or "Off" without dim values.

The inputs are configurable. There are 14 parameters used for configuring the behavior of the device. The configuration and function is in the user manual. The mode of each of the 4 inputs can be set for normal/brightness/rainbow/scene and for any of three different switch types.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Hello rprade,

Thanks for the reply.

Ohh thats interesting. I did see that you could change some of the settings, but I wasn't sure how much flexibility was avilable.

Think I will just have to buy one and have a play.

Comment

Here is a shot of the device in the HS3 UI:

Click image for larger version

Name:	rgb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	1198434

Ignore the controls on the Colour Mixer device, I've been messing with them (unsuccessfully) by default it appears as a colour picker control. I've also renamed the devices from whatever their default was, and I think I added the "Last" control to the master dimmer device.

The following is a relevant from the device manual concerning the inputs:

Click image for larger version

Name:	rgbmanual.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	1198435

If you'd like any other details about it, ask and I'll help where I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr TJD View Post
              Hello rprade,

Thanks for the reply.

Ohh thats interesting. I did see that you could change some of the settings, but I wasn't sure how much flexibility was avilable.

Think I will just have to buy one and have a play.
              With the Qubinos costing ~$50-70, it seems that a NodeMCU board at about $8 would be a better way to go. You would have 10 pins that could be any combination of inputs and outputs. It connects by WiFi and Greig's Arduino plug-in will work with it. If you want to control relays, you can get 5V optically coupled relays and power the board and relays off of the same power supply. A bank of 4 relays can be had for ~$5.

I currently run 4 ethernet connected Arduino boards and 3 NodeMCU boards. I currently use a total of 70 inputs and outputs across the 4 Arduino boards. The NodeMCU boards are just for LCD displays. They all have been totally reliable.

The Arduino plug-in forum is linked in my signature below. I wrote quite a bit about my system beginning in 2014 in this thread. I have made some changes in the system since them - I need to update the thread.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
              X