Download to CM11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Download to CM11

Instead if using a $$ plugin, why not have the 'send to CM11' command in there standard?
    Even a piece of [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img] like active home can do this..

I agree, i am close to the end of my 30 day trial, and that is just about the only thing i am disappointed about. If i am going to spend 70$, i want to be able to do this without spending 20 more. WHATS THE DEAL???!?

Comment

I completely agree. I feel the download to cm11a should be included in HS software as well. I unfortunately do not have a dedicated computer to run HS and shut this one down when not in use. I guess I could download with ActiveHome, but that would kind of defeat the purchasing HS, wouldn't it.

This is my only complaint with HS, otherwise I am completely happy !!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

JustOneMore

Is that possible? I mean can you create events etc in HomeSeer and download them using ActiveHome?

Comment

I wouldn't have minded paying for a download plugin but after doing so realize that it should do more for the money. It would be nice if the HAWizard were updated to include a little more information like details on what has already been downloaded to CM11A. I was told to use ActiveHome to view it. Would also be good to enable/disable some of the downloaded events for troubleshooting.

Jim Doolittle
          Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
          My Hardware & Software

Comment

JimSpriggs.....I haven't actually tried it, but I don't see why not. Let me play with it a little and I will let you know what I find.

Comment

I had the same thoughts (for a while)when I initially migrated up from Active Home....why can't HS just download events as part of the main package? However, now that I've realized the REAL power and capabilities of HS, it's obvious to me for serious home automation capabilities you really need the power of your pc actively managing everything that is happening. There's just not enough memory and compute power in that little CM11 (nor is it reliable enough).

If you just want to turn some lights on and off with some simple macro's, then HS has overkill functionality. If you are interested in some really slick automation, infinite variability in scripting, and web capabilities.... then you picked the right application. With the technology turn of PC's (and the prices dropping), most have either found a use for their older PC's....or can justify buying another one to keep HS up and running 24x7.

Comment

Working...
              X