Fireplace Control via Z-wave & Battery Powered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fireplace Control via Z-wave & Battery Powered

I want to control a fireplace. There are various dry contact switches but they all require line voltage which I do not have at that location. Hence, I need some solution that works with battery power. A relay I guess won't be a good option as it pulls current as long as it's active. In any case, what options are there?

Your only option is to get to know the ESP32 with a Relay board. I believe.

Comment

I do find it odd that you have a fireplace on/off control powered by battery. I understand theyre usually low voltage to the fire place, but they usually have a 120 line.

Comment

The actual turning on / off at the fireplace is (In my house) controlled by a regular 120v switch. The actual voltage that goes through it is not. I noticed this when I found that mine still worked during a power outage. I believe somehow the pilot light heating its safety sensor plate generates the small bit of current required.

Comment

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
          I do find it odd that you have a fireplace on/off control powered by battery. I understand theyre usually low voltage to the fire place, but they usually have a 120 line.
          I don't have a fireplace on/off control powered by battery. Instead, I want one powered by battery. My current control is just an on/off switch, i.e. it closes or opens a low voltage circuit. It's literarily just one wire cut and the switch put in series. There is no 120V or any other power by that switch. Obviously, a remote(z-wave) controlled switch needs some power, hence the battery.

Comment

What is the voltage on the circuit? The problem is the battery operation requirement. Battery = ESP32, but if you have low voltage, a Fortrezz
            Mimo may work off the shelf
            Mimo2+
            12 to 16 volts DC from regulated Power supply @~ 500mA capability
            Mimo Lite
            9-16 V DC from a power supply @~ 300mA capability

Comment

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
              What is the voltage on the circuit? The problem is the battery operation requirement. Battery = ESP32, but if you have low voltage, a Fortrezz
              Mimo may work off the shelf
              Mimo2+
              12 to 16 volts DC from regulated Power supply @~ 500mA capability
              Mimo Lite
              9-16 V DC from a power supply @~ 300mA capability
              People seem to report a lot of Homeseer trouble with MIMO2+
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
              Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
              weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Working...
              X