Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Controling/watching a windows pc from hs3 Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controling/watching a windows pc from hs3 Linux

Hi,

I found this app , wich work from mqtt: https://github.com/KjetilSv/Win10As

Anyone know a reliable way to control a windows computer from hs3 *LINUX*?

For now i am able to hibernate and wol the pc from a ssh script .

I didn't try the function to monitor the windows application with the app I linked... but i would really like to be able to open any windows program i want from my hs3 machine.
    Would also like to be able to send any cmd i want remotly * shutting down, rebooting, etc work via ssh... but it can't remotly open anything on the distant pc.

let me know if this is not clear.

thank you.

not sure if the app i linked is really able to send a custum command.

i tried : MYpc/Chrome=1 in a hs3 event

and ''start chrome'' in the commandtext column of the windows app

Comment

look into this.

Comment

I think this only works on a Windows hs3 installation?

Comment

I think this only works on a Windows hs3 installation

Jon00 Network Monitoring / management plugin only works in Windows.

BLLan works in Linux but doesn't remote control Windows PCs or Linux PCs. I have not checked out Ultra's plugin.

Thinking you can remote Windows computers in Linux using Python or Bash scripts. Never have looked at this.

Here is a one liner to shut down a Windows PC from a Linux terminal prompt.

You have to have installed Samba on Linux computer.

Latest Windows 10 update (Redstone?) shuts off most of the Samba features due to security.

IE: updated home office desktop Windows 10 and now cannot see my home network devices....then I undid many security changes in newest Windows 10 update and now can see my network devices.

net rpc shutdown -I IPADDRESS -U USERNAME%PASSWORD
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
          HS4 pro - 4.0.3.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Thank i will try with powershell.

For now i am stuck at the wsman configuration on Linux.

Comment

It worked fine with : https://github.com/mghaan/winthing

But just got the idea to use/ install node red ( with the exec node ) on the windows computer.

I can notice this is working faster. Send command dynamically via mqtt ( see the simple flow ) ! And i can push anything I want from the windows pc to linux-hs3 via the json http get calls.

I did first run node red as a service. But was not able to open any program on my Windows pc like that from the exec node.

The solution was to use a windows task to open Node-red at boot. See here : https://discourse.nodered.org/t/wind...oreground/5345

the Problem with this solution is, that the server isn't hidden anymore.

i want an hidden server that execute visible programs.

edit.: Solved

Solved it with an vbs program.

runHidden.vbs
              Set Shell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") Shell.CurrentDirectory = "D:\Users\USERNAME\.node-red" Shell.Run "D:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\npm\node-red.cmd -u D:\Users\USERNAME\.node-red > D:\Users\USERNAME\.node-red\service.log", 0, False
              And add this vbs to the Task Sheduler.Set The Task to run as a User (not SYSTEM) and Run only if the User is logged in.

Node red flow :

Code:
              [{"id":"4f8581ae.8992b","type":"tab","label":"Cmd","disabled":false,"info":""},{"id":"74a581ed.e2587","type":"mqtt in","z":"4f8581ae.8992b","name":"","topic":"TourSalon/cmd","qos":"0","datatype":"utf8","broker":"a057b24b.8f38d","x":135.5,"y":213,"wires":[["e4d2aa8c.fe9368"]]},{"id":"f6cfeb9c.787528","type":"mosca in","z":"4f8581ae.8992b","mqtt_port":9999,"mqtt_ws_port":9999,"name":"","username":"xxxxxxxxx","password":"xxxxxxxx","dburl":"","x":131.5,"y":371,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"e4d2aa8c.fe9368","type":"exec","z":"4f8581ae.8992b","command":"","addpay":true,"append":"","useSpawn":"false","timer":"","oldrc":false,"name":"","x":395.5,"y":218.83335399627686,"wires":[[],[],[]]},{"id":"a057b24b.8f38d","type":"mqtt-broker","z":"","name":"","broker":"127.0.0.1","port":"9999","clientid":"9999","usetls":false,"compatmode":true,"keepalive":"60","cleansession":true,"birthTopic":"","birthQos":"0","birthPayload":"","closeTopic":"","closeQos":"0","closePayload":"","willTopic":"","willQos":"0","willPayload":""}]
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X