HomeSeer Device Energy Management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer Device Energy Management

Does anyone have any knowledge on how the energy database is supposed to work? I am currently inserting 5 minutes samples into the database with the correct Amount, Amount_Start and Amount_End date/times and the Energy Chart data appears to be accumulating instead of displaying an average. Any ideas?

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

I can't answer the question - but if you create a plugin that grabs that same data - like data from Z-Wave energy devices - that can be accumulated and reported on, I'll be your first customer

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
      Does anyone have any knowledge on how the energy database is supposed to work? I am currently inserting 5 minutes samples into the database with the correct Amount, Amount_Start and Amount_End date/times and the Energy Chart data appears to be accumulating instead of displaying an average. Any ideas?

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      It has been some time since I did my plugin to talk to the Energy DB but my understanding is that it is designed to give you a total of your energy use - I think the ultimate idea was that to get any other data then you were to query it and get the average reading. I did very similar, amount and times in small samples and then it did the working out in the API. IMHO it has some bugs (that were logged in Bugzilla but will now have gone) and without further time from HS I don't think personally it is worth the effort in integrating with it...I'm not really sure what the benefit is to using it.

Comment

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        When you add a record between start and end, you need to insert the delta amount not the current amount. Setting the initial value is interesting as well to make sure yu start with a known value the first time a device is added. Between updates (and restarts(, you need to keep track on the device typically in the named objects of the device prior value and time. The device also needs to be registered. The device type/subtype (Watts, KWatts,...) using the predefined ones from the Energy AI are relevant to auto display them in HSTouch Energy page. I am traveling and don’t have access to my code, but recently added energy database support to my apcupsd plugin; I could provide code snippets later if desired.

Found one related post that could be of interest: https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...&postcount=174

Comment

With a lot of trail and error, I found the Amount is NOT the watts, or kw, it's kwh. I am now inserting a reading into the database once per minute and it seems to be doing the right thing. The only thing I cannot get working is the Current reading.
          Attached Files
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
            I can't answer the question - but if you create a plugin that grabs that same data - like data from Z-Wave energy devices - that can be accumulated and reported on, I'll be your first customer
            This doesn't already exist today within HomeSeer?

Comment

The plug-ins all seem to be for hardware specific devices BrulTech etc.

the native HS ability to show me the data is less than desirable.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                The plug-ins all seem to be for hardware specific devices BrulTech etc.

the native HS ability to show me the data is less than desirable.
                What Z-Wave devices are you using?

Comment

Traveling now - will get back to you if you want more specific but in the main power panel I have an Aeon Labs that connects to the mains and it seems like maybe 6 other z-wave switches that report power usage.

Comment

Regards,
                    Ultrajones
                    I messed with the energy database capability in hs3 and got it to graph my data but there are bugs in the system that prevent it from working 100%. HST has left it for dead from what i understand from Rich.

I converted to using Jon00 database charting to chart my energy data
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post

I messed with the energy database capability in hs3 and got it to graph my data but there are bugs in the system that prevent it from working 100%. HST has left it for dead from what i understand from Rich.

I converted to using Jon00 database charting to chart my energy data
                      Thanks mnsandler I am experimenting with this now - I already use it for other purposes but energy would be a good fit.

Comment

Working...
                      X