Hi LED Load Controller/Switch - 1200W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi LED Load Controller/Switch - 1200W

I have 8 of the HBE-150 High Bay lights in series, and want to control from a zwave switch. EDIT: ON/OFF only, dimming is done by something else. So just need a z-wave switch capable of handling the load these 8 devices put on it.

They are typically dimmed (via a 0-10v device) ~35% (so show only show a 6A draw on 120v system, and only show about 10-11A at full bright). spec sheet can be found at: https://www.brite-lite.com/cscled/hb...w-led-high-bay

Homeseer support says their switchs won't handle this kind of load (which corresponds to their spec sheet, although i'm not sure the type of load these high bays create since all the drivers in them aren't your stander home led bulb ones).

Any ideas on what I can use reliably and control via z-wave? or some other device that can do MQTT i guess would work as well. Ideally want to connect to my HS3PRO.

Thanks, Marc
    Last edited by marcusone; August 11th, 2018, 12:51 PM.

I don't see how these lights would work properly in series as they are designed to be supplied 120-277v and to be controlled by 0-10VDC. They are not designed to be dimmed by a conventional dimmer. The only 10v Dimmer for Z-Wave is the Qubino ZMNHVD3. I haven't seen them in the HS store, but they are at Amazon and The Smartest House.
    Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      I don't see how these lights would work properly in series as they are designed to be supplied 120-277v and to be controlled by 0-10VDC. They are not designed to be dimmed by a conventional dimmer. The only 10v Dimmer for Z-Wave is the Qubino ZMNHVD3. I haven't seen them in the HS store, but they are at Amazon and The Smartest House.
      I don't want to Dim them, i have a separate controller for doing the 0-10v dimming. I just want to switch on/off. each switch has 8 of these lights on it (so 1x15A circuit).

Comment

Originally posted by marcusone View Post

I don't want to Dim them, i have a separate controller for doing the 0-10v dimming. I just want to switch on/off. each switch has 8 of these lights on it (so 1x15A circuit).
        I still don't see how they work in series.

That said, almost all of the wall switches I have seen lately are rated at 600W resistive. The internal relays on the ones I have had apart were 10A rated on the contacts. I had some Linear switches a few years ago that were rated at 15A, but they were terribly unreliable.

Are you wanting to switch them because the dimming is not controllable from HomeSeer?

I know a friend that has a bunch of 10v dimmable LEDs and when they are at 0V they are off and draw less than 1 watt - IIRC it was about .2 watts.
        Randy Prade
        Aurora, CO
        Prades.net

Comment

rprade they are all on one 15A circuit and draw 6-11A when on. I just want to switch on and off as i don't really change dim level.

The WS200+ are rated for 15A resistive (1800W), but only 200W for LED... I have 1200W LED (but from what I have read, it really depends on how the drivers in my fixtures work).

I may try that device you listed and set to 0v and see what happens. I believe the lights are supposed to turn off at 0v.

I'm also likely going to try the WS200+ switch anyways, and see what happens worse case it "welds" the relay closed.

Comment

Originally posted by marcusone View Post
            rprade they are all on one 15A circuit and draw 6-11A when on. I just want to switch on and off as i don't really change dim level.

The WS200+ are rated for 15A resistive (1800W), but only 200W for LED... I have 1200W LED (but from what I have read, it really depends on how the drivers in my fixtures work).

I may try that device you listed and set to 0v and see what happens. I believe the lights are supposed to turn off at 0v.

I'm also likely going to try the WS200+ switch anyways, and see what happens worse case it "welds" the relay closed.
            Randy Prade
            Aurora, CO
            Prades.net

Comment

Working...
            X