Best alarm hardware for integration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best alarm hardware for integration?

Is Elk M1 gold still the best alarm type integration hardware or would something like omnipro ii be a better fit? Been out of the HA game a bit but bought new home and looking to add many integrations. Have an ADT system currently but most likely need to rip out and replace anyways so want the best

Elk and Omni are both excellent, but much of their added capability is redundant with HS. If you are looking for a good alarm system that integrates well with HS, the DSC systems are very capable, popular and well supported.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I am very happy with my DSC PC 1864 panel. I use the Eyez-on Envisalink interface with Spud’s plug-in. I have a mix of wired and wireless sensors. The 1864 will handle 64 total zones. All DSC zones create an HS device. The Envisalink connects locally over the network and also sends data to Eyez-on. Eyez-on will send free text messages from alarm events and they also offer monitoring for a nominal fee.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

DSC here as well and works great with HS3.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I use DSC 1863 with Spud DSC Invisalink plugin and am very happy with it. Used to have ADT but have switched to Alarm Relay and have been very happy with them as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
          Plugin's:
          BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
          EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
          weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

I'm going to offer an alternative....

I have insteon/zwave door and window sensors. They don't false alarm in my experience. Also have a Aeotec siren. If door/window sensors trigger, they cause Blue Iris to trigger each camera and sound siren. Cameras with motion sensing generate lots of false alarms in my system. We tend to review then and then delete quickly since most are false. This works for us. No monthly charges and no dependence on internet connectivity.

Robert

Comment

Thanks guys didn't know about DSC, i'll take a look. I'm considering going with Arduino instead just because of ease of upgrade and changes. I'm really only looking for reporting for HS and not really the alarm siren/911 type features.

Comment

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
                I'm going to offer an alternative....

I have insteon/zwave door and window sensors. They don't false alarm in my experience. Also have a Aeotec siren. If door/window sensors trigger, they cause Blue Iris to trigger each camera and sound siren. Cameras with motion sensing generate lots of false alarms in my system. We tend to review then and then delete quickly since most are false. This works for us. No monthly charges and no dependence on internet connectivity.

Robert
                Trying to be maintenance free and don't want anything that uses batteries and minimize wireless needs as much as possible so everything's reliable and smooth.

Comment

Working...
                X