Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the next step? AI/Learning - Time for a Plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the next step? AI/Learning - Time for a Plugin?

This is directed at the plugin writers etc

I think HS4 must be getting a major overhaul under the hood with a bunch of really good neural networks and machine learning located somewhere in the HS labs.........(ok im dreaming)

Seriously though - whats the next step? We all seem to have a great understanding of home automation and how to get light A to turn on when its dark and its after 5pm at night, but thats just automation. Its not really a SMART HOME. Theres no real intelligence behind it. Its not much different to a whole bunch of PLC's routinely doing what they have been programmed to do.

Now everyone has thought it - just nobody has asked/said it

Wouldnt it be cool if there was a plugin that analyzed the logs to find patterns of things that happened over the course of a week/month and then "suggested" creating an event or volunteered to do something based on a manual routine. EG: you wake up and turn on the kitchen light M, W, F at 714am.

At some point we know that Sundar Pichai and Jeff Bezos are going to leverage that huge super computing weight they have access to and integrate it into the cloud services they have. Wouldnt it be better if we had access to a local version of a similar thing so that when Skynet does take over and decide to turn all of those nest thermostats and echo dots off we dont lose control of our houses???

So to all those gurus that know what they are doing under the hood of HS.... is this the future of homeseer? Id really be annoyed if a year after I switched from my previous platform (Vera) to HS that Vera announce something like VeraAI or SmartthingsAI (now thats a possibility just thinking about it)

Comments?

I wouldn't be surprised to hear in a year that Vera which was bought by eZLO is now a CLOUD only product or a Hybrid that looks/acts more like SmartThings. I'm keeping on eye on this in the Vera forums.

Comment

Originally posted by onepointbrewing View Post
      Id really be annoyed if a year after I switched from my previous platform (Vera) to HS that Vera announce something like VeraAI or SmartthingsAI (now thats a possibility just thinking about it) Comments?
      I agree that it's a possibility, but only if you don't expect it to actually work the way you envision or expect. Marketing hype is cheap. Reliable, full-featured products are more difficult. Even IBM's Watson is having problems living up to the expectations for it.

Internal company documents from IBM show that medical experts working with the company’s Watson supercomputer found “multiple examples of unsafe and incorrect treatment recommendations” when using the software, according to a report from Stat News.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

As horrible as it was, could you imagine Vera with AI through the cloud? I shudder to think...
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Check out Ian Mercer. He's doing this with apparently great success on a system of his own devising. I only wish he would bring it to market. That's the only thing I've seen that tops HS. And it does so by a pretty large margin. He too often makes the distinction between a "smart" home and what most people think of as home automation. His system can explain why it did what it did also through a natural language engine he wrote. If I had even the slightest bit of time and were a clever coder I would write plugins to accomplish what his system does. I would pay good money for such plugins; more than I paid for HS3.
          Originally posted by rprade
          There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

rumor is google is developing a smart display, similar to lenovo's product. Extrapolating on that I suspect the end point for google, apple, amazon is a whole house home assistant
            Third parties are already building Google-powered smart speakers with displays, but will Google itself do the same? A new report from Nikkei suggest the company is gearing up to launch its own screen-equipped device in time for the holidays.
            HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
            Number of Devices: 1005
            Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

I'd rather go bungee jumping with the cord tied to my bits than use a Google controlled HA system. They'd be selling information on my domestic behavior to home invaders, tooth paste companies, mortgage lenders, my x wife's attorney, not to mention the cops! in short order.
              Originally posted by rprade
              There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I wish someone would integrate Bayesian principles like home assistant has it would open a lot of doors into fuzzy logic

Comment

Well the Bayesian component is still a little fuzzy itself.... so

Comment

i want a computer to compute all thoses bayesians equations

Comment

Originally posted by MattLau View Post
                      i want a computer to compute all thoses bayesians equations
                      The answer is 42

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post

The answer is 42

edit: Alexa changed her response to the ''what's the meaning of life''
                        Last edited by ; August 22, 2018, 07:55 PM.

Comment

I wish HS4 uses all the power of AI to make the migration HS3 --> HS4 easy :-)

Comment

Hi guys,

I hereby pulled up this thread from the archives after reading this article here : https://www.iotevolutionworld.com/sm...e-learning.htm and it got me thinking that HomeSeer's Event engine boarders to nearly that and with some clever guys here who can do scripting can make it feel like that!
                            Butt there is also the UltraLog3 (Database Logging) HSPI For HS3 with
                            [QUOTE
                            Main Features
                            • Supports HomeSeer triggers based on text or regular expression matches on HomeSeer log events.
                            • Supports syslog triggers based on text or regular expression matches on syslog log events.
                            • Error Try/Catch logic to ensure plug-in doesn't fail with an unhandled exception.
                            • Multiple threading allows UltraLog3 to process caller ID events without disrupting the performance of HomeSeer.
                            ][/QUOTE]

So that said, what if the author of that plugin tweaked it a bit to log to a database like SQLite or other to server to that purpose by (time,weekly and/or by month) Am thinking you could be nearly there! Or maybe not!

But then again enter Node-RED with this node here : https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-...b-syslog-input I believe you could be able to send the data to it from UltraLog3 (Database Logging) HSPI For HS3 and do some tricks! And not also use the MQTT nodes out back to HomeSeer. I have not played with setup yet but it got thinking if there is someone out there who can elaborate more on this? Pete ?, Anyone?

Else, I have posted the same at the UltraLog3 (Database Logging) HSPI For HS3 to see if the author can give feedback.

Eman.
                            TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Working...
                            X