Plug-in discount cycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug-in discount cycle

Is it usually discount for plugins or mass or mass purchase of plugins? I'm new here and looking on about 10-15 plugins totalling about 500usd, a bit steep.

Anyone know an approach to discount plugins or does it never happens?

I'm all for suppisu, but on the other side I'm planning to make plugins for homeseer myself (smappee, solar inverter, ams, melcloud and Salto ev charger) as I started with this for home assistant and rewriting for native hs support

Plugins go on sale from time to time along with HomeSeer sales. There's no set schedule and up to the plugin developer if they are putting their plugins on sale or not.

Comment

Does it help to contact the Devs directly it is it hs who run the price and discount?

Comment

The developers choose their own prices and discounts. There's rarely and ad-hoc sale of a single plugin that ever happens. At least none I've ever seen, it's usually more than one plugin and coordinated with HomeSeer sales.

Comment

Okay I will try to reach out to them. Doing a non profit project for a cancer project as I'm a cancer survivor so trying to figure out how to give them the best experience without using a month salary

Comment

Originally posted by aleksander.lyse View Post
            Okay I will try to reach out to them. Doing a non profit project for a cancer project as I'm a cancer survivor so trying to figure out how to give them the best experience without using a month salary
            Why don't you post a thread with details about the project and recipients and any info you have and if it's a organization provide links to the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post

Why don't you post a thread with details about the project and recipients and any info you have and if it's a organization provide links to the info.
              Yes of course I can do that. It's Norwegian so not like a us type fundraiser. More of a system for a oubkip hospital to engage teenagers to interact and learn with homeseer. I think making children with cancer need the feeling of accomplishment. On tax deductible it's nothing else than a give a back after having cancer myself thus year.

But if course I could and thread explaining it better.

My main work is hospital mtu

Comment

Full disclosure I actually bought two hs licensed to be honest since I'm using o e at home for learning

Comment

Make the posting about what you're doing and the list of plugins you are interested in. People may donate if you a have go fund me or something similar or you may get donations of plugins.

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post
                    Make the posting about what you're doing and the list of plugins you are interested in. People may donate if you a have go fund me or something similar or you may get donations of plugins.
                    I made one here at least. It's no tradition for for donating here, but I can give it a go https://www.gofundme.com/tech-activity-for-cancer-teens

Comment

I would be happy to donate any of my plugins. Now the only one that is not free is for irrigation (mcsSprinklers). The problem I have is that HST controls the license so they have to provide it. I cannot. As suggested earlier, please post the list of plugins that you desire so the plugin author and HST can work out some way of doing it. It does cost HST something to manage 3rd party plugins so they need to be willing as well.

Comment

I checked out the go fund me. I also checked my paypal and soon it'll have some coin in it. I'll also ask HST about donating some plugins as well. As has been said post your list.

Comment

Working...
                        X