Best PIR and Light sensor for HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best PIR and Light sensor for HS3

Can anyone make a reccomendation for a PIR sensor and Light level sensor in one that actually works with HS? Must be battery operated.

I have 4 Fibaro's and the Light and Temp dont work despite spending 6 hours including them and excluding them multiple times. (I can get the sensors to show but they never update)

Thanks in advance.

The Philips Hue Motion sensor works really well. It does require the Hue bridge (or deconz) and JowiHue plugin.

Comment

I presume you tested a bunch.I will maybe go to buy somes with the hub...upgrade them, bring back the hub to the store , and link them to deconz

Comment

TBH I am looking for something that is cost effective and a direct integration with HS rather than gg thru another piece of hardware that can possibly cause problems (simplex you know what im getting at - Vera)

I am looking for something similar to this to replace my fibaro's but if there is something that others have used that work well Id be open to that. I have an aeon multisensor as well that works but theyre rediculousely priced in my part of the world and Amazon only seem to sell a US version.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...54fe750e3iaanI

Comment

I've been using one of these Monoprice PIRs with LUX, Temp, Humidity the past couple of months and have been pretty happy with it.

Doing a search just now, found a better price than I paid at Newegg rather than Monoprice direct.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15902
          https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...5526-_-Product

EDIT: Oh - the only thing with the one I have is I have not been able to get the battery monitor to report battery status.

Comment

Depending on "where in the world" you are. There's lots on here from all over and they might have some "native" suggestions? I'm still hunting for the "perfect" lux sensor. The closest I've gotten to "great" has been the Hue Motion Sensor that has Lux and I use it with Deconz and JowieHue. I have a Zooz 4-in-1 and Zooz ZSE09 and the 4-in-1 is ok. The V2 is supposed to be a lot better motion wise. The ZSE09 is fast but the Lux is not that great.

This is not the only thread of people searching for a really good motion/lux sensor.... still looking....

Comment

That is really interesting as I have Fibaro and they are the most consistent, reliable ones that I have. Consistent updates for Temp, and Lux values. I am using a Z Net interface. I also was never able to get the Monoprice/Zooz devices to update the battery status AT ALL.

Comment

The Fibaro that I have is good it's just also expensive. I do have faster Zigbee motion sensors though and they are smaller and more discreet.

Comment

wow you guys have fibaros that work?

All of mine work for a first report and then stop after that.

i wist there was a way we could exchange parameters for that part of the sensor..... is there a way? i dont know of any.

Comment

I have Fibaro Motion sensors and they work fine. How old are yours and what version of the z-wave plugin are you running?

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post
                      The Philips Hue Motion sensor works really well. It does require the Hue bridge (or deconz) and JowiHue plugin.
                      I just installed this motion sensor. Everything seems to work, EXCEPT light level detection. Does your light level detection work?

Thanks,
                      Elliott
                      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                      "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post

I just installed this motion sensor. Everything seems to work, EXCEPT light level detection. Does your light level detection work?

Thanks,
                        Elliott
                        Mine has a light value through the hue bridge and the jowihue plugin. I use it for ambient light in a room to turn on lights in the evening. Very accurate and does not require a motion to get a light reading. Don't know about deconz.

Comment

My vote goes to the Aeon Multisensor 6. I have 2 of them and they are extremely reliable unlike the battery powered ones I tried, including the awful Fibaro.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post

Mine has a light value through the hue bridge and the jowihue plugin. I use it for ambient light in a room to turn on lights in the evening. Very accurate and does not require a motion to get a light reading. Don't know about deconz.
                            Thanks. The light sensor started working for me. Elliott
                            "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                            "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

I was doing some checking and no the light level is not reporting through deconz with the Hue Motion sensor. I think it used to... not sure though. My deconz setup is always in flux though.... so I'll let someone else confirm/deny

Lux does report correctly with Hue Motion Sensor and deConz. Verified today and I'm getting good readings
                              Last edited by simplextech; August 31, 2018, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X