Duplex Outlets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rprade View Post
    I needed dual switched outlets in my back yard and ended up putting an Aeotec Dual Nano Switch behind the outlet. It is reliable and monitors energy. The only drawback is that it misses local control, but that could be a good thing for an exterior outlet or one you don't want easily defeated. The rest of my plug in power control modules were replaced by Enerwave duplex outlets, because they only needed one switched outlet.
    Thought about those but they can't handle my use case of a Window A/C unit

Comment

Originally posted by MattLau View Post

You can reverse this with some z wave switch. Via parameter . You surely already know this

edit : oups i missread you post
      It's not the polarity of the module. It's the "dummy" switch. If you have a relay and you flip the switch up then the relay goes to the opposite of what it is...

Relay State: On Switch Up - > normal
      Relay State: Off Switch Up -> push switch down to turn light on (confuses people)
      Relay State: On Switch Down -> push switch up to turn light off (confusion again)
      Relay State: Off Switch <different than last person left it> - > real confusion if the switch is controlled by motion detector then the physical switch is never a "visible" identifier of status....

I know... we get this.... some do not understand that it doesn't matter if the switch is up/down or sideways just move it the other way and you get what you want

Comment

"Measures only 1.58 x 1.69 x 0.76 inches". It easily fits behind a duplex outlet. Here is the website.

For use with switches it can be configured a few different ways
        • Momentary button - each time a switch input is received, the output toggles
        • State switch - the output follows the state of the switch. I think, though I am not sure if it is controlled by Z-Wave to be On when the switch is Off, turning the switch back On will do nothing. Returning it to Off will turn the output Off
        • 3-way.- a momentary interruption of the switch input toggles the output
        In any of the modes, Z-Wave will still control the output.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

"Measures only 1.58 x 1.69 x 0.76 inches". It easily fits behind a duplex outlet.

• State switch - the output follows the state of the switch. I think, though I am not sure if it is controlled by Z-Wave to be On when the switch is Off, turning the switch back On will do nothing. Returning it to Off will turn the output Off
          In any of the modes, ZWave will still control the output.

First bullet is the point I originally highlighted in why I don't use the relays... I don't want to have to go through replacing the switches with momentary switches too.... anyways it doesn't matter the switches aren't an issue they're all z-wave/Lutron anyways. But this has gotten me thinking about maybe I can replace a Caseta switch with a relay and a WallMote

Comment

"Measures only 1.58 x 1.69 x 0.76 inches". It easily fits behind a duplex outlet. Here is the website.

In any of the modes, Z-Wave will still control the output.
            Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post

No in-line relay (z-wave, I know of Zigbee ones) will support a dual 15A load.
              Aha. Of course. Thanks.
              -Wade

Comment

All the outlets in my home are the Insteon dual controllable outlets. I've had them for 3 years with no issues, but I do have over 150 of them so maybe the mesh is tighter for me? They work great in HS3.

https://www.insteon.com/on-off-outlet/

Comment

I was looking at those and thinking about adding Insteon into my setup. However the Insteon outlets don't provide power metering. If they did they would fulfill all of what I'm wanting and I'd give that a shot.

Comment

I needed dual switched outlets in my back yard and ended up putting an Aeotec Dual Nano Switch behind the outlet. It is reliable and monitors energy. The only drawback is that it misses local control, but that could be a good thing for an exterior outlet or one you don't want easily defeated. The rest of my plug in power control modules were replaced by Enerwave duplex outlets, because they only needed one switched outlet.
                    I also got a dual nano switch to control the outdoor lights.
                    Works ok, but I am struggling to get the energy consumption to work.
                    can you share your settings if it works fine for you?
                    thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by BrianB View Post

I also got a dual nano switch to control the outdoor lights.
                      Works ok, but I am struggling to get the energy consumption to work.
                      can you share your settings if it works fine for you?
                      thanks...
                      I think I got the problem fixed.
                      set parameter 101 to 001B1B0F as per the aeotec guide https://s3.amazonaws.com/cdn.freshde...lication%2Fpdf

decimal value is 1776399

seems to work now, will monitor for a few days

Comment

Working...
                      X