Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3 Driven Event Message Wall or Desk Display?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HS3 Driven Event Message Wall or Desk Display?

I'm looking for a way to output HS3 event messages to some sort of wall mounted (or maybe desk) display -- probably an LED or LCD matrix unit. I'm thinking of a visual equivalent to the audio messages that can be generated by the "Speak Something" event option.

I am very hard of hearing, so audio solutions are nonstarters.

So far, the only possibility I've come up with is buying an Alexa Show for my desk. It would presumably be driven via an HS3 Alexa plugin which would get its input from event messages. It may be possible to accomplish what I want this way, but it does seem a little kludgy. I'm looking for event messages generated by my HomeTroller Pro that I can read on the display. A really good solution would sequentially display multiple event messages, with provision for their individual removal when acknowledged.

Any ideas?

I use 3) 4 line by 20 character displays on little stands. Each has a NodeMCU board and is updated by Enigmatheatre’s Arduino plug-in. All they need is 5V via a micro usb connector. They are WiFi so they can be anywhere in the house. They update once a second and can have sequences of messages.

Here is a post with a picture of one.
    Last edited by rprade; September 9th, 2018, 01:41 PM.
    Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

ericg

I am not aware that any Homeseer 3 users have implemented the Alexa Show to Homeseer 3 yet.

Been doing this with Homeseer 2/3 for many years now using both visual and auditory stuff using Homeseer touch on the tabletops.

You can do a pop up for an event with Homeseer touch.

- Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU - Mono 6.4X
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.4X

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

Comment

LAMetric Time (https://lametric.com/) is also an option, I have written a plugin for it that could support multiple devices on a HS system. They are however a little expensive for what they realistically are.
        My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
        Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

How about using HSTouch? There is an HSTouch "send message to client" action which can display a message for a set duration or until cleared manually.

Comment

Just recently here went to using a combo piezo and strobe device inside of the home. Historically used these outside and just a sounder (s) inside.

You can see the strobe day or night reflecting out of the main hallway on the first floor. Main purpose though is for security / fire / smoke alarm stuff. Draw is just a bit above 200 mAmps and tiny in size. These are weatherproof and sell for around $5 on Ebay.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sounderstrobe.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	1246508
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU - Mono 6.4X
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.4X

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

Comment

Originally posted by lveatch View Post
              How about using HSTouch? There is an HSTouch "send message to client" action which can display a message for a set duration or until cleared manually.
              You can also conditionally display a device text string in HSTouch. I do this with all my HSTouch displays. Create a virtual device, populate its device string with a message and turn the deive on to display the message. Use 'Status Colors' on the text box to change the text and/or background color from transparent when off to visible when the device is on.
              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

Mr. Happy- Is your LAMetric plugin available?

Comment

Originally posted by Overst View Post
                  Mr. Happy- Is your LAMetric plugin available?
                  It is in the updater and also there is a thread about it here - https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ic-time-plugin
                  My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
                  Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

Working...
                  X