Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone do anything fun with IOS 12 Shortcuts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone do anything fun with IOS 12 Shortcuts?

Lots of possibilities. Anyone do anything fun with them?
    HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

I just started playing with them - first step was to ditch HomeRemote for web hook calls to the HS3 JSON interface and switch over to shortcuts. That was just a copy and paste job. Now Siri can trigged events or whatever in Homeseer with a voice command. Seems so simple right?

The whebhook functionaility is probably going to be what gets the most use in the HA world since it can work with variables and output from other platforms. I can't find a way to trigger shortcuts automatically though (like location etc) Ideally we could migrate off IFTTT entirely and have any of this sort of processing done on device. Phone, watch, etc.

Next I will use the MyHS service to do the same with specific events on the go. Mainly things like I'm on the way home. I was using IFTTT for a dead mans switch to notify the correct contacts and address other things - since FB killed their API may switch over to Shortucts if I can get it working correctly.

Comment

Yep... Lots of possibilities. Not sure how much of a macro the watch can handle. Still playing.
      HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

It seems buggy and incomplete in some cases. Like I spent the last thirty minutes trying to simply look for the next event by name on my Cale dar and count the days to it can’t get that to work

Comment

I have played around with integrating this into HomeSeer and it seems to work. We need to think about the future direction of this technology, and it seems to be going in a direction I did not think was possible in the Apple ecosystem. I am very impressed that there is hope that we will be able to write some very complex tasks with Siri integration.

Comment

1 - takes my street address (home)
            2 - get travel time from my current location
            3 - put the eta into a text
            4 - send the text to my wife.

Comment

Sure... What I was thinking more in line with this post is if anyone is doing HomeSeer integration with Shortcuts. For example, you could have Shortcuts send a message to HomeSeer which would then speak that you're xx minutes away. This is possible by the way....

Comment

Working...
              X