Zooz Z-Wave Power Strip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monk View Post
    I don't see a setting for "All-On" or "All-Off" - anyone see this ability anywhere?
    That feature is being deprecated on most Z-Wave plus devices. The Zooz strip does not seem to have the feature. You will have to create an Event turning the 5 outlets On and another to turn the 5 off. There is a way to do it locally with a push button, but that doesn't help much with automation

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      That feature is being deprecated on most Z-Wave plus devices. The Zooz strip does not seem to have the feature. You will have to create an Event turning the 5 outlets On and another to turn the 5 off. There is a way to do it locally with a push button, but that doesn't help much with automation
      Thank you.

Comment

Zooz Power Strip is back in stock...

Safe & Smart Power Up   PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS 5 Z-Wave Plus power outlets for wireless control (allow extra time for inclusion, it's like adding a few devices at once) 2 USB ports for phone / tablet chargers report on / off status to the hub (NO Z-Wave control) Control each outlet individually or all at once via Z-Wav

Comment

Why do I need another one, I thought to myself - as my assistant was completing the order page...

Comment

I ordered two of them today since I cannot locate the Aeotec Smart Power Strip.

Comment

Woohoo, ordered one. Now comes the fun part. Where will I use it?

Comment

With Christmas coming I have plenty of uses with the string lights!

Comment

Just received my ZOOZ ZEN20. I have one of them configured and am playing with the unit now. This unit has firmware 2.0d.

PLUSES:

1. Compact Size
                  2. 5 Controlled plugs
                  3. USB Charging Ports
                  4. Ability to turn off all lights on the power strip. This will come in handy when I install it in the bedroom and I want to turn off the SONOS, Comcast DVR, TV and media player. All of these have LED's that light up the room at night.

CONS:

1. So far I have not found any.

Comment

One thing I found is that some of the settings can be configured through button presses. Such as disabling the buttons! So if you find that the button on/off is not working check the z-wave parameter settings to see if the buttons are disabled.

Comment

Just added my first Zen20. All went ok except I don't have the kw hours and watts devices on switch 1. Everything else works and reports fine. Not that big of an issue - just wondering if anyone has any suggestions other than deleting and re-adding. I like how fast the watts update.

Comment

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
                        Just added my first Zen20. All went ok except I don't have the kw hours and watts devices on switch 1. Everything else works and reports fine. Not that big of an issue - just wondering if anyone has any suggestions other than deleting and re-adding. I like how fast the watts update.
                        1. Check the device z-wave properties of the root switch to see if those particular items are enabled
                        2. Try a rescan of the device
                        3. All else fails exclude, add again

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post

1. Check the device z-wave properties of the root switch to see if those particular items are enabled
                          2. Try a rescan of the device
                          3. All else fails exclude, add again
                          The rescan added the two missing devices. Thanks much!

Comment

I have three uses: 1) Zoned landscape lighting with a separate $20 transformer on each zone 2) Testing complex Homeseer events using the blue status lights on the powerstrip as indicators. Since I'm new to homeseer (from Vera) I'm often not entirely sure what is happening. 3) Turning on/off lights, speakers and various stuff in my office based on occupancy.

The zooz double plug is probably a more logical purchase, but like most in this thread I couldn't pass up on the powerstrip.

Comment

Plugin running for a week without restart. Outlets are controlled multiple times per day. No problems. Thanks so much!

Looking forward to an update where the Timer Count = messages are not logged.

Comment

Has anyone had issue with switch being detected by Alexa? It works with HS app, just when I detect devices in Alexa App, no joy.

btw, Strip is working great and controlling my aquarium lights / filter / air.

Comment

Working...
                                X