Cannot add switches to network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot add switches to network

Not sure if this is a switch issue, a smartstick issue or a something else...

I have a couple HS-WS100+ switches in my basement that I have never been able to add to the network. I've had these switches installed for a while (> 1 year) and couldn't get them added to the network which I assumed was because they couldn't commincate directly with my smartstick which is located on the second floor. This weekend I moved the PC into the basement and tried adding them to my network but neither one can be found by the smartstick. I literally had the smartstick directly in front of one of the switches so it should be able to find the switch. Looking for advice on what to try next.

Did you put them in "pairing" mode? Usually just means toggling.
    Regards,
    Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Comment

I would reset the switches and try again. From the manual for them:

MANUAL RESET - To be used only in the event that the network primary controller is lost or otherwise inoperable.)
      (1) Turn switch on by tapping the top of the paddle once. (2) Quickly tap top of the paddle 3 times. (3) Quickly tap bottom of pad- dle 3 times. (4) If light turns off, switch is reset. If not, repeat manual reset.

Then try the inclusion with your controller close again. Good luck!

Comment

Anytime there's an issue with a Z-Wave device go through this process as the first troubleshooting steps.

1. Exclude the device in question
        2. Try to include the device

Some devices even brand new need to be Excluded as someone "forgot" that step in the QA process....

Z-Wave devices also have to be put into Inclusion mode. Most wall switches are a tap sequence. This is different per manufacturer so check the manual on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by mmn View Post
          Did you put them in "pairing" mode? Usually just means toggling.
          I have converted every single wall switch in my house over to HS 100 series wall switches (WS or WD series) and these two devices are the only 2 that were not able to be included. The switches come from the factory in inclusion mode. All I needed to do was turn the switch on and it started the inclusion process. Obviously I should have read the manual better. I'll try the MANUAL RESET as suggested by bsobel above. Hopefully that fixes the problem. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Did the manual reset last night and I was then able to add the switches to my network. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
            X