Smart Cat Door - Cat Flap Connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart Cat Door - Cat Flap Connect

SureFlap now has a smart cat door for sale. It allows access based on the cat's microchip or a collar tag and can be monitored and controlled from a phone app via their hub. I've had the non-connected version for about 6 months and it works great. Based on the demo video it appears to know whether the cat has entered or exited, although I've not been able to confirm it by reading the online info.

Would anyone with the requisite knowledge and skills care to look into if and how it can be integrated with HS3? I would be happy to buy one and help test any way I could. I contacted them a few months ago when they announced the product to see if they planned to make a public API available. They said they had no plan to do so, but with luck maybe they've reconsidered by now.
    -Wade

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
    SureFlap now has a smart cat door for sale. It allows access based on the cat's microchip or a collar tag and can be monitored and controlled from a phone app via their hub. I've had the non-connected version for about 6 months and it works great. Based on the demo video it appears to know whether the cat has entered or exited, although I've not been able to confirm it by reading the online info.

Would anyone with the requisite knowledge and skills care to look into if and how it can be integrated with HS3? I would be happy to buy one and help test any way I could. I contacted them a few months ago when they announced the product to see if they planned to make a public API available. They said they had no plan to do so, but with luck maybe they've reconsidered by now.
    I've already written a plugin for at least one of their products - however it has only been tested by one person (https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...-into-homeseer) so I don't know how it behaves across their range. If you get one and get in touch with me I can go through and see if it can work for you.
    My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
    Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post

I've already written a plugin for at least one of their products - however it has only been tested by one person (https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...-into-homeseer) so I don't know how it behaves across their range. If you get one and get in touch with me I can go through and see if it can work for you.
      Great! I'll get one on order and be back in touch once installed.
      -Wade

Comment

Great! I'll get one on order and be back in touch once installed.
        When it arrives drop me a PM and I should hopefully be able to get it going if it does not work straight away (it may very well do as the API was fairly generic), functionality wise it will give you HS devices for each installed device and a set of devices per pet to show their status.
        My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |

Comment

I just got a Sureflap. I would love to try/buy this plug in. Where is it located?
          TIA!

Comment

Is this a door for smart cats? Mine would never qualify ...

Comment

Originally posted by D14 View Post
              I just got a Sureflap. I would love to try/buy this plug in. Where is it located?
              TIA!
              I haven't packaged it up formally because it has not been tested by a huge number of people - you are welcome to try it and look at the attachment in this post. You would need to extract it to your HS directory and then enable it, you then need to put in your Sure login details exactly the same as you use on the website.
              Attached Files
              My Plugins:

Comment

Thank you! I will install today and will test it over the next few days (Sureflap is located on a new construction, still unoccupied but with HS3 already running).
                Again, thank you!

Comment

Ok, tested the lock/unlock features and it works flawlessly (actually faster response than using the app).
                  I will not be able to test the pet functions (time in , out, etc) until I move in which will be a few weeks from now.
                  Thank you for good work!

Comment

I've just ordered a Sure Petcare smart flap too and love the idea of an HS plugin.
                    I read that someone had an issue with a huge logfile. Has that been resolved?

Comment

Originally posted by Jez View Post
                      I've just ordered a Sure Petcare smart flap too and love the idea of an HS plugin.
                      Yes it was resolved.
                      -Wade

Comment

That’s good. I look forward to getting it installed and running later this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Jez View Post
                          As cc4005 says, this was/should be resolved - it was a very specific debug build where I was trying to get to the bottom of what the open/close button did not work and had mega network tracing turned on which was creating big log files. If you notice any log files then let me know and I will send another version to the updater.
                          My Plugins:

Comment

mrhappy I wonder if you might have a look at the attached log. These entries seem to be associated with the PI not being able to reach the sure petcare server. It seems to be increasingly frequent and for longer durations. If I attempt to control the pet door while this is happening the door doesn't respond. (I'm thinking about creating events to notify me when the door doesn't go into the mode I intend.) Any idea what might be causing it and is there anything that could be done in the PI to make the connection more stable? Also, might a connection status device be added that indicates online/offline so an events can be conditioned on it?

Thanks.
                            Attached Files
                            -Wade

Comment

mrhappy I wonder if you might have a look at the attached log. These entries seem to be associated with the PI not being able to reach the sure petcare server. It seems to be increasingly frequent and for longer durations. If I attempt to control the pet door while this is happening the door doesn't respond. (I'm thinking about creating events to notify me when the door doesn't go into the mode I intend.) Any idea what might be causing it and is there anything that could be done in the PI to make the connection more stable? Also, might a connection status device be added that indicates online/offline so an events can be conditioned on it?

Thanks.
                              This is one of those things that would be a bit of a nightmare to resolve...the timeout is vague and could be in the plugin (which I think is unlikely as there is nothing particularly resource intensive in it, all it is doing is really simple web requests) or it could be in your connection to the Sure servers (which there are about 1000 different things that could be wrong in that chain). Adding a connection device is papering over the cracks really as it should not have this level of unreliability. I've not had any similar reports to my knowledge however I don't really know how many people are using it to understand what to expect.

Would you have any objections if I run the plugin for 24-48 hours with your details to see if I can replicate the issue (I have your details in a PM if they are still correct?)?

My Plugins:

Comment

Working...
                              X