Ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ring

Has anyone tried to incorporate the Ring doorbell cameras with Homeseer or BlueIris?

there is a plugin for it, BLRing, but the Ring company keep changing their parameters, making it next-to-hopeless to keep the plugin functional.

I'm in the process of creating an event that flash the lights i the room(s) that me or my wife is located in the house (based on what WiFi access point our phones are connected to, ref. this post) when the doorbell rings.

After several trials and errors with the BLRing plugin, I gave up and ended up using IFTT, turning on a virtual device when someone rings the doorbell.
    The downside is that it this approach might be laggy. sometimes it responds fast, other times it takes 20+ seconds to fire :-/
    Last edited by RazAquato; January 18, 2019, 07:51 AM. Reason: adding to comment

Comment

If you have an Alexa you can create routines that have her trigger events based off of Ring motion or Doorbell press.
      HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
      Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
      Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Working...
      X