Linear GoControl GD00Z-4 has stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rhcev3@gmail.com View Post

That is NOT what that means. I get this from time to time ESPECIALLY if I accadently send a command 2-3 times (makes my opener close then stop then open)

It is in "lockout mode" and no longer knows what the status is of the door. if you cycle the door (closed then open) one or more times the unit is syncronised again and can operate the door.
    Per Nortek, it is not repairable if this error is displayed. I had one replaced under warranty after calling Nortek attempting to troubleshoot. Cycling the door did not work for me.
    Michael

Comment

The design is flawed; voltage across the LED far exceeds its specified limits. Replacing the LED with the resistor does bring it back from the "Barrier Operation Denied UL" grave. Of course, this repair isn't sanctioned by the manufacturer.

Comment

Wondering if rather than a resistor add multiple LEDs or a relay coil amd you can put an LED array chip on the other end of the relay?Keeps the unction of the LED but fixes the design issue of over voltage?

Comment

Originally posted by rhcev3@gmail.com View Post
          Wondering if rather than a resistor add multiple LEDs or a relay coil amd you can put an LED array chip on the other end of the relay?Keeps the unction of the LED but fixes the design issue of over voltage?
          Anything that keeps the peak voltage across the LED within a reasonable range. Mechanical implementation is probably the largest issue.

Comment

I guess the failure of my GD00Z was inevitable. It's like coronavirus. My question is when it fails, does it fail to communicate with HS completely. It seems as if mine is unplugged with no communication. If I unplug the power supply and plug it back in, the white LED gives me a bright flash. If I push the button for inclusion, the red LED blinks for a few times. But I can't open the garage door via HS.

Are these symptoms typical?

Comment

IIRC, open/closed status worked fine, just no control. Attempts at control produced the "Barrier Operation Denied UL" error.

Also the LED wouldn't flash, it would illuminate so dimly that could only see it when it was apart and looking directly at it.

I rarely use HS for control. I'll check if its still working when I get home, it did last time I checked. I know the status works cuz that turns on the garage lights when I get home at night.

Comment

Since my symptoms were different, I removed it and brought it close to the z-net. Pressing the button on made the red light flash, so I was able to exclude and re-include. Luckily all is well again. Thanks!

I am fairly confident it was a corrupted HS data file so I'll have to look into that.

Comment

Glad you got it straightened out. Mine is still working, control as well as status, since replacing the LED with the resistor.

Comment

Working...
                  X