Crib monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crib monitor

I had a neat project I was working on in the back of my mind and thought I should actually make it before my kiddo outgrows his crib.

I took a NodeMCU, the Arduino plugin and 3D printed a spring loaded plunger setup that would allow it to toggle a switch when the crib was occupied. There is a sheet of wood that goes under the matress and it slightly bows in the center along an edge where the plunger setup is. Once the kiddo is in it pushes it down and then pushes this info to HS to change the "occupancy" of the crib. That way it could change the house audio levels when my kiddo is sleeping, or change the doorbell volume or sound as well too. I could also track sleep duration and get an idea of when he's napping and how long etc...

Attached Files

Is this a true crib or a convertible? If a crib, then wouldn't you know that the kid is in there by virtue of you or your spouse putting him in there? If you put the kid down and HS says kid not in there, then the kid was obviously abducted... by aliens.

Comment

Originally posted by sickpuppy View Post
      Is this a true crib or a convertible? If a crib, then wouldn't you know that the kid is in there by virtue of you or your spouse putting him in there? If you put the kid down and HS says kid not in there, then the kid was obviously abducted... by aliens.
      hehe

In all seriousness cool project and truly in the spirit of home automation. when crib = occupied turn on quiet mode.
      HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
      Number of Devices: 1005
      Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Originally posted by sickpuppy View Post
        Haha ya it's a true crib, it's not so much that we know he's in there but it reduces the house audio and just anything that makes an announcement that may wake him up.

Just a quick easy project to install when "watching" the kids playing in the bedroom.

Comment

Working...
        X