Wifi Suggestions - reached limit with 2.4 devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rprade View Post
    I probably should have specified that I was referring to the UniFi line, when I posted this over a year ago. As far as I know the UniFi line still has the hard limit. They are rated at “100+” concurrent clients. The UAP-AP-IW is now rated for 250 clients, but I don’t know if that is with both radios. It looks like the FedEx Forum uses 62 of them for 2200 seats, which would average 40 clients per AP. The Ubiquiti Enterprise products are a different beast for sure. I wouldn’t want to put a UBW-XG in my house for $1400
    Sorry, I missed that this thread was revived from November last year. Ubiquiti now offers the mid-level Unifi AP-HD that can handle 500 clients. At $349, that wouldn't be a bad choice for someone that expects to eventually have an extensive amount of wifi gadgets and devices.

https://store.ui.com/collections/wir...ducts/unifi-hd

One thing is for sure, I think we all agree that Unifi is the best bang for the buck you can get in networking and wifi. Best decision I ever made was tearing out my Netgear Nighthawk, switches and 3rd party cameras and replaced with all Unifi equipment. It's just rock solid.

--Barry

Comment

The original point of this thread was how limited most consumer APs were at the time. Before I switched to Ubiquiti, my Nighthawk had a hard limit of 32 devices. By now I have used more than 2/3 of the IP addresses on my one subnet, with about 45 WiFi devices, which is a sad thing indeed. Hopefully I will be good with 3 APs I shudder to think if I had more than 200 WiFi devices, mixed between bands.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Fellhanhn,

Thanks for sharing another level of this discussion to consider.

Devoir

Comment

Working...
        X