No announcement yet.

LiftMaster MyQ - Free, open source plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted to give a thumbs up on this myself. I've been itching to get my 3 liftmasters working with Homeseer and your motivation to create a plug-in motivated me to try it. Works well for my setup. Thank you.

Comment

Can someone post a screen shot of the device the plugin creates? Thanks
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
      Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
      Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
      3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
      4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
      3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
      SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Originally posted by Timon View Post
        Can someone post a screen shot of the device the plugin creates? Thanks
        What are you looking for? LIke what it looks like in homeseer device page?

Comment

Here is the HS3 device for my garage door. The address is the serial number of the unit.
          Attached Files

Comment

I've just uploaded v1.2.6920.1424, adding support for voice commands. There are also instructions on the release page detailing how to enable voice commands for already-existing devices (and you don't need to update for that to work if you follow the instructions, though I recommend that you update regardless as this adds stability improvements).

HS3 doesn't have any concept of opening or closing doors, only for locking and unlocking them. But on my Google Home at least, telling the Assistant to "open the garage door" works fine, although it responds that it's "unlocking" it.

Comment

Originally posted by themlruts View Post

What are you looking for? LIke what it looks like in homeseer device page?
              Yes, I'd like to see the device and child device it creates.

It would be a great if a image of the devices was added to the instructions as well.
              Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Comment

Yes, I'd like to see the device and child device it creates.

It would be a great if a image of the devices was added to the instructions as well.
                This plugin has no need for root or child devices since garage doors can only do two things: open and close. The device you see in my screenshot a couple posts above is all that gets created.

Comment

Isn’t there a status child device that gives the state of the door? I want to be able to test the state of the door. When using an 8500 series opener that would be locked, closed, opening, partial open and stopped, opened and closing.

Comment

Isn’t there a status child device that gives the state of the door? I want to be able to test the state of the door. When using an 8500 series opener that would be locked, closed, opening, partial open and stopped, opened and closing.
                    The single device the plugin creates allows you to both control the door and to get status on it. It has statuses for open, closed, stopped (halfway open), opening, closing, and "not closed" (whatever that means; it's reported by MyQ). You can absolutely test the state of the door; I have events set up for mine to blink indicator LEDs on HS-WX200+ switches.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. McKay View Post
                      I've just uploaded v1.2.6920.1424, adding support for voice commands. There are also instructions on the release page detailing how to enable voice commands for already-existing devices (and you don't need to update for that to work if you follow the instructions, though I recommend that you update regardless as this adds stability improvements).

HS3 doesn't have any concept of opening or closing doors, only for locking and unlocking them. But on my Google Home at least, telling the Assistant to "open the garage door" works fine, although it responds that it's "unlocking" it.
                      I have installed v1.2.6920.1424 but it shows the older version in the plugin manager. i stopped the plugin before copying in the new the started it backup.

Comment

Originally posted by thomauto@aol.com View Post
                        I have installed v1.2.6920.1424 but it shows the older version in the plugin manager. i stopped the plugin before copying in the new the started it backup.
                        That's strange; I just downloaded the exe and verified that it's the correct version. Maybe upload it again and try restarting HS3?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. McKay View Post

That's strange; I just downloaded the exe and verified that it's the correct version. Maybe upload it again and try restarting HS3?
                          Restarting Homeseer fixed the version info.

Comment

I ordered my Liftmaster Internet Gateway which should be here by Wednesday the 19th. Already have the account setup and will be loading the driver in the morning.

I’ve been thinking about what was said about the polling attracting attention of the manufacture. I’m thinking one could monitor the power on the opener then when HS detects the power spike raise the polling rate from say once 60 seconds to once every second till the power level drops. One should be able to use any power monitor that HS can monitor. I assume that plunging can monitor the state of other devices.

———————————————————-

Afteri have mine up and running I’m going to fire up wire shark, my network is setup so I can monitor devices, and see what the network traffic looks like between the gateway and liftmaster. I’ll let you know if it look like the traffic is decipherable or if it’s all encrypted.

The idea would be to intercept the status, using a raspberry pi acting as a man in the middle, letting everything pass to the net and sending the status it intercepts to the plugin. The question is if there is software out there that can capture that data as it passes through the pi as writing that level of software is something I’ve never done.

Comment

I’ve been thinking about what was said about the polling attracting attention of the manufacture. I’m thinking one could monitor the power on the opener then when HS detects the power spike raise the polling rate from say once 60 seconds to once every second till the power level drops. One should be able to use any power monitor that HS can monitor. I assume that plunging can monitor the state of other devices.
                              A simpler option may be to use an inexpensive garage door tilt sensor and just poll once about 30 seconds (or however long your garage door typically takes to go from open to closed and vice-versa) after it detects motion.

Comment

Originally posted by jvm View Post

A simpler option may be to use an inexpensive garage door tilt sensor and just poll once about 30 seconds (or however long your garage door typically takes to go from open to closed and vice-versa) after it detects motion.
                                That does work for opening however by the time the tilt sensor triggers closed the door is already closed.

I currently have an Open and Closed door sensor on my door. I use them to simulate the various functions of my Liftmaster 8500 series opener. I could also use them. However by the time you pay for either a tilt sensor or a couple of door sensors you could purchase a ZOOZ ZEN15 power switch, see below, to detect motion. Just make sure to set it so it always powers on during a power outage.

The reason I like this better is that you can detect when the door moves after you have stopped it during a partial open. So the way I'd do it is anytime the ZOOZ show the load above a given range the polling would move to the fast rate and when the load dropped to it's idle level the polling would go to the slow rate after a couple of seconds. They have a wall plug version, ZEN06, but it's not recommended for this application.

I really like the ZOOM switch. I use two of them on our washer and dryer so we know when they are running or have finished. The HS3 handler is very complete and I've not had any issue with it.

When they first came out they use a right angled plus but it ran the court straight down so you could only use one in a given outlet. I complained about that and they change the design so the cord now comes off and a 45 degree angle so you can now put two in an outlet. What I really liked is that they contacted me after they made the change and offered to swap any I had of the old style. Now that's customer service.

Click image for larger version  Name:	zen15-heavy-features.jpg Views:	3 Size:	47.5 KB ID:	1267457 Click image for larger version  Name:	41KDXaIgZxL.jpg Views:	2 Size:	32.4 KB ID:	1267463

I did some more checking and ZOOZ doesn't recommend using the smart plug, ZEN06, with anything with a motor so stick with the ZEN15.
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	31eyJYSVemL._SX466_.jpg Views:	2 Size:	19.1 KB ID:	1267465
                                Last edited by Timon; December 19, 2018, 01:17 PM. Reason: Added not to use the ZEN06

Comment

Working...
                                X