No announcement yet.

LiftMaster MyQ - Free, open source plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't even bother trying to snoop the traffic with Wireshark. I all but guarantee that it's encrypted.

If you wanted to use external stimulus to trigger a MyQ poll, that would probably work, although I'd need to update the plugin first to enable you to run a manual poll and/or adjust the poll interval in an event. I might be able to get around to it tonight...

Comment

It’s not a big deal to do the snooping. My network is all Ubiquity UniFi do all of my switches are managed. Just have to specify the mort to monitor and all traffic will be sent to my Mac where I run witeshark. I have fun trying to break protocols every once and a while.

Sounds great on the putting something in to do programmatic adjustments to the polling. I can temporarily use one of the ZOOZs from the washer and use it on the opener. Just have to disable the washer events.

I see two ways.

1) A simple child device that contains the polling interval would be quick. Off does a slow poll and On does a fast poll. Whenever say the power rises I can turn on the device and when it’s low turn it off.

2) The other way is for you to monitor a device we specify for the threshold values for on and off. One the gives you the device ID plus the the thresholds for on and off. So I could set the threshold at 10 so 0 to 9.9999 would be off and 10 or above would be on. A threshold of one could be used for 0 or 1 to control polling.

I like the second way as I think it’s faster as it removed the need for an event to react to the chance.

I sure wish that they would just sent the door status out either by using broadcast packets or MQTT packets then allow IFTTT which is more secure to trigger opens and closes. That way Control is secure but home automation knows when anything changes.
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
      Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
      Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
      3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
      4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
      3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
      SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

I'm not big on the idea of a child device for the polling interval. I'm planning on just creating custom event actions to enable you to change the polling interval temporarily (for a specified amount of time), permanently, or to just trigger an immediate poll.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. McKay View Post
          I'm not big on the idea of a child device for the polling interval. I'm planning on just creating custom event actions to enable you to change the polling interval temporarily (for a specified amount of time), permanently, or to just trigger an immediate poll.
          That works for me. It gives several options to work with.

My gateway should be here later today so I should be up and running soon.

What I surprised me was how much power my Liftmaster 8500 draws at idle, it's about 6 watts. I thought that was a bit high considering our washer idles at about 1 watt and the dryer at about 1.5 watts. I'm wondering just why it takes that much power.
          Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Comment

I'd hazard a guess that the IR beam is at least half of those 6W.

Comment

I've released v1.3.6927.42284. This version adds three new event actions, which you can access by selecting "LiftMaster MyQ Actions" from the event action dropdown. They are:
              • Run an immediate MyQ poll
                • Running this action will immediately poll MyQ for status updates.
                • This action will reset the poll timer, so if your poll interval is 10000 milliseconds, it will poll immediately and then not poll again for another 10 seconds.
              • Adjust the MyQ poll interval
                • In standard event editing mode, this is a timespan picker with second resolution. In advanced editing mode, this is a number box with millisecond resolution.
                • Cannot be set below 1 second.
                • Adjusts the poll interval in memory only. The next time the plug-in starts up it will use the value that was configured on the settings page.
                • The next poll will be run the set amount of time after this action is triggered. The already-queued poll will be canceled.
              • Reset the MyQ poll interval
                • Resets the poll interval in memory to the value configured on the settings page.
                • The next poll will be run the set amount of time after this action is triggered. The already-queued poll will be canceled.
              I purposefully didn't include an event to adjust the poll interval temporarily for some specified amount of time. To accomplish this, adjust the poll interval, add a Wait action, then run the reset action.

Comment

Here are some potentially useful events.
                Attached Files

Comment

The last rev is working great. The new changes look good, I'll download and try it ASAP.

Comment

Everything is up and running with the latest plugin. Basically uses your example with some additional conditions.
                    • I use the ZOOZ Power Switch to detect the power increase and put the plugin into fast poll. I don't use going to lower power to take it out of fast poll.
                    • Since I already had a local sensor I used for basic door open notification I use it to put the plugin into fast poll. Although I don't see the need, other than a backup, I force slow poll when the sensor shows the door is closed.
                    • Whenever any change of conditions happens I always force a poll before changing the polling time just incase that get a poll out faster. If you're already issuing a poll when you get a poll interval is change that would not be needed.
                    • I made both of these events "Priority" just to make sure it's triggered as fast as possible. Likely not needed but what the heck
                    With the power triggering I could set a much longer polling interval of say several minutes which would really keep it well under Liftmasters Radar.

Do you know if the MyQ phone apps poll or do they get status pushed? If they get pushed have you looked to see if you could get the cloud to push to the plugin? Sounds like some more WireShark snooping might fun if you haven't checked.

Thanks for adding this.

Oh yes, please ignore the ZOOZ being named "Washer Watts" I'm using the one from the washer until I can get another one for the Opener.

Here is my current events to control the polling.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 5.05.58 AM.png Views:	1 Size:	447.2 KB ID:	1268196

Comment

I don't know for a fact but I heavily suspect that the apps use polling.

Comment

Been making changes and I seem to have a very stable system now that is very quick to move between fast and slow polling modes. However I’m right in the middle of moving my hs3 system from a Raspberry pi to a Intel NUC8i3 running Ubuntu 18.04 but I’ll post my updated events soon.

Comment

Hi there,

I'm having a problem with this plugin. Not sure if this is relevant or not, but I will start from square 1.

I had installed the plugin initially as Version 1.1.6890.35221 and it was working well. Since then I had some computer issues with a wireless mouse and keyboard combo that was not letting me boot my computer, but before I figured out what was causing the problem, I tried rolling back the computer to earlier settings before I had installed the initial plugin.

So after I got my computer working again, the liftmaster plugin was not on my plugin list (but oddly enough, my two garage doors were still on my device list). I tried reinstalling the plugin as this latest version, I dropped the .exe file into the homeseer folder, and restarted homeseer, then signed into the liftmaster plugin in homeseer. I got the green success message, but noticed that it would not control my garage doors, or show the status as I would change it. Then I noticed that in the plugin manager it would tell me that the liftmaster plugin was being throttled due to too many login attempts. In my homeseer log, it tells me that its trying to sign in every few seconds. Below is a sample of the log.

Jan-03 9:48:52 PM LiftMaster MyQ error: Cannot retrieve device list from MyQ: Login attempts throttled
                          Jan-03 9:48:52 PM LiftMaster MyQ error: MyQ error: Login error. Please login again. (-3333)
                          Jan-03 9:48:52 PM LiftMaster MyQ info: Logged into MyQ
                          Jan-03 9:48:52 PM LiftMaster MyQ Debug debug: Logging into MyQ
                          Jan-03 9:48:52 PM LiftMaster MyQ error: MyQ error: Login error. Please login again. (-3333)
                          Jan-03 9:48:51 PM LiftMaster MyQ info: Logged into MyQ
                          Jan-03 9:48:51 PM LiftMaster MyQ Debug debug: Logging into MyQ
                          Jan-03 9:48:42 PM LiftMaster MyQ error: Cannot retrieve device list from MyQ: Login attempts throttled
                          Jan-03 9:48:42 PM LiftMaster MyQ error: MyQ error: Login error. Please login again. (-3333)
                          Jan-03 9:48:42 PM LiftMaster MyQ info: Logged into MyQ
                          Jan-03 9:48:42 PM LiftMaster MyQ Debug debug: Logging into MyQ
                          Jan-03 9:48:42 PM LiftMaster MyQ error: MyQ error: Login error. Please login again. (-3333)
                          Jan-03 9:48:42 PM LiftMaster MyQ info: Logged into MyQ
                          Jan-03 9:48:41 PM LiftMaster MyQ Debug debug: Logging into MyQ

Thanks in advance for your help!

Dan

Comment

Can you try waiting a couple hours and then restart the plugin? Sometimes MyQ just barfs and gives that error message when we try to login, even if we use correct credentials.

Comment

I had the same issue .A restart fixed usually .

Comment

Just tried it 24 hours later and it works flawlessly! Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
                                X