LiftMaster MyQ - Free, open source plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NetworkGuy View Post
    Looking at the door from inside the garage, are the motors (and hence the outlet) mounted to the right or left side?
    Looks like the question was already answered. But I’ve got them on either side depending on the door.

Comment

Really not sure how much space is required to install one of those jack openers. Is there room between 2 side-by-side garage doors to put them both in the middle (next to each other - potentially using the same outlet) or would you alternate sides (e.g. both left, both right or one right and one left)?

Comment

Originally posted by NetworkGuy View Post
        Really not sure how much space is required to install one of those jack openers. Is there room between 2 side-by-side garage doors to put them both in the middle (next to each other - potentially using the same outlet) or would you alternate sides (e.g. both left, both right or one right and one left)?
        That’s exactly how mine are. I’ll take a picture for you when I get home later.

Comment

I have no idea under what circumstances the garage door status would be "Not Closed". I just included it in the statuses because it's in the API.

The API does not seem to report whether the lockout is enabled or not, but also the lockout doesn't appear to affect the API.

Comment

Could you make a change so when the plugin detects an error, basically any error that it would place in the log, it returns a status code so it could trigger an event?

At least that way event could be used to giving an error using something like pushover along with trying to recover by disabling and enabling it. Don't think we need a special device just use the same one we get door status from.

I still get an error every once in a while that the plugin can't recover from until I disable it.
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
            Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
            Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
            3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
            4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
            3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
            SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. McKay View Post
              Nope, I'm getting them too. Looking into it...

Timon: The 127.0.0.1 is normal.

Edit: Somehow I forgot to install the debug build on my HS3 when I pushed out the last update, so I don't have the debug logging I need to deal with this. So I'll have to wait until the issue crops up again in my instance before I can do anything effective.
              Any update on fixing these errors?
              Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

Originally posted by spknapp View Post

Any update on fixing these errors?
                So far I've had some success with the build I attached. It hasn't broken in 5 days. I'm not quite confident enough to make it a proper release, yet.

Timon The problem is that it's not detecting these errors. If it detected the problem, it wouldn't be an issue in the first place as it would be able to recover from it.
                Attached Files

Comment

So far I've had some success with the build I attached. It hasn't broken in 5 days. I'm not quite confident enough to make it a proper release, yet.

Timon The problem is that it's not detecting these errors. If it detected the problem, it wouldn't be an issue in the first place as it would be able to recover from it.
                  I’ll give this new version a try.

The version I’m running, 1.3.7006.42100, in general has been very stable sometimes running more than a week. However, when it fails it can’t recover and just runs in a loop posting errors till I restart the plugin.

My point is that since there are errors going into the log I was just wondering if those could be reported via the event structure just as we currently get open, close and door moving events. That would give us the option to automatically send an alert plus disable and reenable the plugin.

I have an event nearly ready to go that monitors errors, or anything that triggers it, over time and would act if it gets above a given threshold. So say I get five errors in two minutes I could restart the plugin.

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
                  Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                  Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
                  3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
                  4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
                  3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
                  SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

My plugin hasn't lost connection since I made the last change, so I'm going to go ahead and release it here: https://github.com/DoctorMcKay/HSPI_...1.3.7037.34653

Comment

We're going to be picking our garage door openers soon and most likely using a LiftMaster as the door company offers a good price.

Do you actually need to use a cloud solution to take advantage of this plugin or can it be used fully "isolated"? My system will have HS on a dedicated VLAN without outside access and we don't use anything like Siri/Echo/etc. I was thinking I'd need to get one of those GoControls because the Liftmaster system appeared to require cloud/app but before I commited to that I just wanted to see here if it would be possible to use your plugin with HS (on Linux) to send commands to a LiftMaster directly via wifi or zwave (not sure which it uses) without pairing the openers to their cloud service.

advTHANKSance

Comment

Alas, I have not found a way to control the opener locally. It needs to use the cloud service which requires Internet.

I tried using the GoControl Z-Wave controller with my opener, but it did not work as apparently the newer LiftMaster systems use a code instead of simply bridging the contacts.

I reckon that without an Internet connection, you would need to break open an opener remote and solder leads to the button contacts.

Comment

Alas, I have not found a way to control the opener locally. It needs to use the cloud service which requires Internet.

I tried using the GoControl Z-Wave controller with my opener, but it did not work as apparently the newer LiftMaster systems use a code instead of simply bridging the contacts.

I reckon that without an Internet connection, you would need to break open an opener remote and solder leads to the button contacts.
                          That's too bad but not surprising. Companies want you using their apps so they can get data that can then be made marketable. Just a sad reality for those of us who don't wish to participate.

Also very bummed to hear your experience w/ the GoControl. I wonder which models of LM / Chamberlain still work with the GoControl when bought new. If we're out of luck there then I'll just stick to monitoring the door status via the security controls and deal with open/close functionality down the road when I have some brain cells to put to it.

Comment

Dr. McKay - Full props and thanks to you on this free plugin. My preference though, is to have local control of my GD and avoid the cloud....See my write up here on how to get local control of a MyQ Liftmaster / Chamberlain with HS3 integration:
                            https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...rs#post1302355

Comment

I would certainly consider full local control to be preferable, as I'm sure most HS3 users would agree.

If I were to end up going the local control route for my GDO, I'd probably solder a relay to a car remote instead of using a wired solution as you did, but your way seems to work just as well.

In fact, your post inspired me to crack open a spare opener remote I had and it doesn't look like the solder points for the button would be too difficult to tap into. I may end up wiring that to a raspberry pi for HS3 control, which would ultimately result in me abandoning this plugin as I wouldn't use it anymore.

Comment

Dr. McKay - I appreciate your intent to go for local control of the GDO...but I feel bad that you would abandon this plugin if you went that route..since it is a great alternative for those who don't have a problem with cloud control of the GDO. I certainly did not intend to stir the pot with my post ....just wanted to propose an alternative solution.

Comment

Working...
                                X