No announcement yet.

LiftMaster MyQ - Free, open source plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel the same about abandoning it, but I just wouldn't be able to keep it up-to-date as effectively if I weren't using the cloud service anymore. I suppose I could still try to fix issues as they come up, but it wouldn't be nearly as easy as it is now considering that I'd need to pair the opener with the cloud service each time.

Maybe I could just block the opener's MAC in my router when I'm not using the cloud service and only unblock it when I need to troubleshoot something. That way I don't need to go through the setup process each time, but I'm still secure against an internet-based intrusion.

Comment

Great idea!

Comment

Just wondering if you are still supporting this plugin. I get an error when i try and load
        WARNING: An error occurred while sending the request.

Comment

An issue was reported on GitHub about a week ago. I will take a look at it when I find time, although I can't make any promises as to when that will be.

Comment

Originally posted by themlruts View Post
            Just wondering if you are still supporting this plugin. I get an error when i try and load
            WARNING: An error occurred while sending the request.
            If you are on Linux you may need to update mono, something about needing more secure communications the older versions don't support..

Comment

Originally posted by thomauto@aol.com View Post

If you are on Linux you may need to update mono, something about needing more secure communications the older versions don't support..
              Thanks I am actually on a windows box
              I will try and grab some logs

Comment

I've been running on linux just fine although I'm running mono5.x on Ubuntu.

I do have a question however. I'm running the Liftmaster Internet Gateway and not the myQ® Home Bridge. I've only had the gateway for about a year and I'm just finding out that it can't connect to Siri but the myQ® Home Bridge can.

Normally I wouldn't care however it would be nice if I could access the garage door when my hands are tied up driving. Can't do that with Alexa as you need to open the app first.

The question is does this plugin work just as well with myQ® Home Bridge as it does with the Internet Gateway? Maybe Liftmaster might have an upgrade program but I'm not asking unless I know nothing will break.
                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
                Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
                3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
                4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
                3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
                SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

I've just released v1.3.7133.39646 on GitHub, which should fix the plugin for anyone who's having issues with it not connecting to myQ properly. I tested this both on my Windows 10 box and on Linux under mono, and it worked under both environments. If it doesn't work for you on Linux, I would suggest trying to update mono.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. McKay View Post
                    I've just released v1.3.7133.39646 on GitHub, which should fix the plugin for anyone who's having issues with it not connecting to myQ properly. I tested this both on my Windows 10 box and on Linux under mono, and it worked under both environments. If it doesn't work for you on Linux, I would suggest trying to update mono.
                    I had posted the issue on Github. However, even the "new" plugin version didn't fix my problem. I'm on Windows 10.
                    Do you know - are other still having a problem?

Comment

Mine hasn't worked for a few weeks either Win 7 Pro
                      Jul-24 12:21:41 AM Starting Plug-In Plugin LiftMaster MyQ started successfully in 51 milliseconds
                      Jul-24 12:21:41 AM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin LiftMaster MyQ ...
                      Jul-24 12:21:41 AM Starting Plug-In LiftMaster MyQ loaded in 15065 milliseconds
                      Jul-24 12:21:26 AM Info Plugin LiftMaster MyQ has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:56541
                      Jul-24 12:21:26 AM Warning I/O interface LiftMaster MyQ is down, executable is not running, restarting ...
                      Jul-24 12:21:02 AM Info Plugin LiftMaster MyQ with instance: has disconnected
                      Jul-24 12:19:56 AM Starting Plug-In Plugin LiftMaster MyQ started successfully in 59 milliseconds
                      Jul-24 12:19:55 AM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin LiftMaster MyQ ...
                      Jul-24 12:19:55 AM Starting Plug-In LiftMaster MyQ loaded in 15087 milliseconds
                      Jul-24 12:19:40 AM Info Plugin LiftMaster MyQ has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:56520
                      Jul-24 12:19:40 AM Warning I/O interface LiftMaster MyQ is down, executable is not running, restarting ...
                      Jul-24 12:19:14 AM Info Plugin LiftMaster MyQ with instance: has disconnected
                      Jul-24 12:18:11 AM Starting Plug-In Plugin LiftMaster MyQ started successfully in 3093 milliseconds
                      Jul-24 12:18:08 AM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin LiftMaster MyQ ...
                      Jul-24 12:18:08 AM Starting Plug-In LiftMaster MyQ loaded in 15070 milliseconds

Comment

I think the previous build might have been corrupted. Please try the latest.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. McKay View Post
                          I think the previous build might have been corrupted. Please try the latest.
                          I downloaded and tried the new version but I keep getting an Unauthorized (216) error. I went to chamberlain.com and changed my password in case I had it wrong, but still get the error.

What am I doing wrong?
                          Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

New version released this morning (1.3.7144.7171) fixed the errors I was having. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by spknapp View Post

I downloaded and tried the new version but I keep getting an Unauthorized (216) error. I went to chamberlain.com and changed my password in case I had it wrong, but still get the error.

What am I doing wrong?
                              Maybe you need to switch your make in the plugin settings?

Comment

What happens to your plugin if it cannot connect to MyQ online?

I have just installed your plugin on a test HS3 platform and it seems to be working pretty well. However, I have a situation with my internet access that may be causing your plugin to issue this warning: Plugin LiftMaster MyQ is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.

I live in a very rural area of Tennessee and my internet access is via 4G modem with a reseller of AT&T services. The system is very reliable, fast and no data limits (sort of). The one thing that causes several problems with this system is that every morning at around 4AM, the 4G modem has to re-negotiate for an IP address. The resell does not have fixed IP services.

Every morning at 4AM I get a message in my HS3 log that says: Have not heard from MyHS in over 3 minutes, disconnecting for re-connection. which corresponds to the DHCP negotiation.

Since I installed your plugin a couple of days ago, I see the lift master MyQ warning message right at 4am.

As a workaround I could use Jon00's plugin enable/disable utility to disable your plugin just before 4am and then enable it sometime after 4am. I haven't tried the yet but was going to set that up later today.

So far your plugin has worked very well for me and I plan on installing it on my production HS3 server soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X