No announcement yet.

LiftMaster MyQ - Free, open source plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The plugin should be able to recover if it loses internet connectivity for a period of time. Are you saying that's not the case?

Also, I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to support this since it's going to be included in HS4.

Comment

I don't think it is recovering. After 4am when my internet connection is unstable for a few minutes, I get this message in my log every 7 minutes, exactly, until I shut the plugin down. I then start it up and and everything is great.

Is HS4 going to work specifically with the MyQ line? Is HS4 going to suck up all of the 3rd party developer's work? Are they paying?

Comment

When I get a chance, I'll take a look and see if I can figure out why it's not recovering properly. Until then, you should probably figure out some way to automatically restart the plugin. I won't be home for at least another week and a half or so.

I have no idea how HS4 is going to go about adding first-party MyQ support. All I've seen is that MyQ is listed in the marketing material.

Comment

Awesome plugin Dr. Mackay! Synced immediately to my two Liftmaster and one Craftsman openers. Works well with voice commands via Alexa and MyQ with Amazon Key. Not sure who gets all the credit there, but nice integration regardless. Glad to hear it’s being included in HS4.

Comment

Is this still working and supported?

With the MyQ (kingfetty) officially dead this may be a great replacement.

Hoping to find out before I send time trying to get it working.

thanks,

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by sbessel View Post
              Is this still working and supported?

With the MyQ (kingfetty) officially dead this may be a great replacement.

Hoping to find out before I send time trying to get it working.

thanks,

Scott
              It's likely you're using HS3 and therefore the "free" HomeSeer MyQ HS4 plugin is of no help. If by chance you are on HS4 then that's the PI to go with.
              -Wade

Comment

I'm not supporting this anymore since MyQ is built into HS4 and HS4 has been out for over a year at this point. Plus I don't personally use MyQ anymore.

I don't know if it still works or not.

Comment

Appreciate the update - sorry I missed that it was HS4.

Gonna have to go a completely different route.

Comment

Working...
                  X